Malware in Mac

Hi I need Help,

Malware always detected and deleted in my Mac. However, I believe there is a malware that keeps on popping up or is hidden because I cannot change my browser and is always defaulted with safe finder.

The default browser in my mac which cannot be edited is: lkysearchds9985-a.akamaihd.net

Please help as i don't want to resort to re-format my mac.

Thank you in advance.

Romil

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020

Hi Member,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

From what I can assume is that you are facing an issue with browser hijacker though I cannot confirm it.

Let us try to figure this out.

(Removed a part of this post as it promoted another security solution)

Reset Safari Browser : https://support.intego.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003863692-How-To-Reset-Your-Safari-Web-Browser

Reset Chrome : https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214?hl=en

This should help.

If you still face any issue, kindly drop an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com. Kindly note that reply might take time due to covid19 & less staff, but support staff will reply back as soon as possible.

If this helps, Kindly click agree.

Regards

Flex.

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @djromil ,

Change your home page in Safari on Mac:

1. In the Safari app on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, then click General.
    2. In the Homepage field, enter a web page address. To simply use the web page you're currently viewing, click Set to Current Page.
    3. Choose when your homepage is shown.

Change your home page in Chrome Browser:

1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click More .
    3. Select Settings.
    4. Under "Appearance," check the box Show Home button.
    5. Below "Show Home button," click Change to choose your homepage.

Thanks & Regards,

• I am having this same problem. Something continues to hijack my Chrome browser and replace the new tab search engine with Safe Finder, a known malicious tool. If I use BitDefender and do a scan, it will remove it, but it keeps coming back. What am I doing wrong?

• Thank you so much for the informative and interesting post I like your points which you have discussed over here, great job.