Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender does not block eicar test files

Mak
Mak
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

Hi I have a Bitdefender multi license total security pack. Some of the licenses installed on mobile android devices. On my redmi note 7, I wanted to test if bitdefender is working. 

I went to the following page

https://www.eicar.org/?page_id=3950

I Downloaded the eicar test files. No block, warning or message from bitdefender. 

Does this mean it is not working? 

Comments

• Hello /index.php?/profile/217997-mak/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="217997" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/217997-mak/" rel="">@Mak,

Bitdefender Mobile Security will only detect viruses designed for the Android Operating System. The files you're using to test the security solution are designed for Windows computers.

• Hello,

I was doing the same test with the Ipad with IOs Mobile secutiry and Firefox and as mentioned from the web eicar.org you can download all the files.

While in this other website www.wicar.org/test-malware.html , Mobile security is preventing you to open the links.

Shouldn't be a similar behaviour in both sites?

BR

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi @Andresg

Well, eicar & wicar are 2 different websites to test an antimalware software.

Now, from your post, what I can understand is that, on your Ipad with firefox browser installed the eicar websites are not getting blocked by bitdefender whereas wicar websites are getting blocked. Well this sound weird and they should have been also blocked, I would request you to drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com .Note replies may be delayed due to less staff and covid19.

If this helps, kindly click on accepted/ agree.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)