renew before due date

xgizmo
xgizmo
edited February 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

morning - just wondered if any one knows -

if i take a renew deal - say today as its in a deal and would be silly not too - will it activate straight away - not due to expire exsisting one for at least another month -

second part of question is if i purchase deal now - will also overwrite the auto renew that is set in place

thanks for any help - just don't want to loose out on a great deal or get charged twice or waste a months protection

cheers and keep safe xgizmo

Comments

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

Your renewed subscription wil be added, in number of days to your existing subscription, even if your current one is One month old, or has One month left.

A renewal will not delete/terminate your current subscription. It will be ADDED to it.

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭

Hi.....I don't believe that taking the deal will overwrite the auto renewal. You will be charged for another subscription at the regular price. To save yourself a bunch of grief, I would take the deal and then cancel the auto renew for now. You can always activate it again later. As @mdgboxx stated, your new subscription will be added on to whatever is remaining of your current subscription. Make sure you activate your new subscription before you cancel the auto renew.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

I'm not sure one has anything to do with the other.

Auto renew caught me once, while I had more than 18 months remaining on my then current subscription. It just renewed on the date of my first subscription...Out of nowhere.

I had to get support to cancel and refund it.

Since I had to reinstall not to long ago, thank you for reminding me to check to make sure that Auto renew is turned OFF, or I risk getting caught again.

• Just happened to me too - I hope like @mdgboxx I can get support to cancel and refund it. This is BS - otherwise, I'm happy with Bitdefender, but their accounting / licence renewal policy and procedures leave a lot to be desired. Clearly if a customer purchases a product which is due for auto-renewal in x days, then the auto-renewal should be removed by bitdefender once the new product is activated. It doesn't make sense to put the burden on the customer - often the deals to manually renew are in the auto-renew e-Mail reminder! So they hope you take the deal and leave the auto-renew in place to make a double booking for them!

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Members,

Kindly let me know if the issue has been resolved or you still need any help.

If the issue has been resolved kindly click on agree.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019 /2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

I have resolved the issue by going to: 2CO (2Checkout) and disabled the "Auto-Renew" fonction.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Dear Member

Go to know that your issue has been resolved.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭

Hi Phmorley,

2Checkout.com (formerly Avantgate) is the official vendor for Bitdefender and many more, I might add.

The Auto-Renew is turned on by default. You MUST go on their site (your account) and turn the Auto-Renew OFF/Disable, or you WILL be renewed at the regular cost, a year after the original purchase. I've taken advantage of several Bitdefender promotion deals. I am set until late 2022.

As a rule, 2checkout.com should send an eMail, advising that your subscription is about to expire, approx. one month priar. That is your indication that Auto-Renew is turned ON. It may be a bit annoying at first, but think of all the great deals you'll be getting from the best AV out there.

• I want to know if my bitfinder need to renew now.