Is my iPhone protected?

AndyCapp
AndyCapp
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

When I look at my protected devices, my iPhone is listed but no MAC address and no ip address. Is it truly protected?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited March 2020

Hello @AndyCapp ,

The device is protected indeed, however, it seems like we cannot identify that specific information. To solve this situation, I'd suggest that you remove the device from your Central account, then add it back by signing into the account from your iPhone.

In order to remove a device from your account, please proceed as follows:

- Access your Central account at https://central.bitdefender.com/

- Click on My Devices

- Click on the device you wish to remove

- Click on the three dots placed on the top right, on the grey ribbon 

- Click on Remove Device 

- Check the confirmation box

Then, in order to re-add the device under your account:

- Open Bitdefender Mobile Security

- Tap on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner of your screen

- Tap on the email address shown here

- Select "Log out of your account" and then sign back in using your Bitdefender Central credentials.

• When I open Bitdefender Mobile Security on my phone and tap om the three dots at the bottom right of my iPhone screen I don't see the e-mail address that you speak of. I do see my name and e-mail address in the middle of the screen but cannot tap on the address. What am I doing wrong?

• I have to think that the iPhone isn't protected because I see several malware attacks that were thwarted by Bitdefender but none for my iPhone. I access both devices from home utilizing the same e-mail and facebook accounts.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020

HI @AndyCapp

Apple is very strict regarding to its policy. It does not allow or hardly allows any malware application to get installed on your iPhone.

Bitdefender for iOS only provides you protection against malicious and phishing website and not iOS malware (due to apple restrictions)

Traditionally, iOS cannot be infected from malware since you have to download apps from apple store only, unlike android in which you can download from any website. So your iOS is protected if you surf malicious or phishing website.

Have a look at the iOS website for complete detail : https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/mobile-security-ios.html

If you find this helpful, kindly click agree.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• so bd is not REALLY doing anything on an Iphone?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020

Hi Member,

Bitdefender is only protecting you from malicious/ phishing websites on IOS. Additionally offering you VPN service.

For more information kindly contact bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)