Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Security 2020 is not Updating?

Jay-Z
Jay-Z
edited June 2020 in General

Ever since the update yesterday with reboot the software isn't updating for me. The last threat database update was over 9 hours ago before I rebooted my PC after the product update! Manual update doesn't work either. I'm running Windows 10 X64. I did a full uninstall including using the Uninstall Tool and deleting all temp files and then reinstalled the software again yesterday to see if that would resolve the issue. Until I rebooted my system after downloading the product update again the update issue happened again. I don't feel very safe with 9 hour plus old threat database files!!!

ALSO:

Before the product update back at the end of May the software would run an automatic update within 3-5 minutes after booting up windows. I never had to run a manual update because of that running immediately at startup. Now it doesn't happen anymore. I have to run a manual update daily at startup or have to wait at least an hour for it to do it be itself. I don't know why you eliminated that process but it seems kind of counterproductive when it always ran for the 3 plus years I've had your software until recently!!!

Best Answer

• Jay-Z
    Jay-Z
    Answer ✓

Support resolved the issue the other day with a product update or rollback in my case. I had version 138 and now have version 137!!!

Answers

• This is very strange. I just ran a manual update and the threat database updated itself but that doesn't show in the notifications tab. I think since the update with reboot the threat database updates no longer are showing in the notifications tab. Here are 2 snapshots:

The about tab shows that the threat database was updated at 6:09 pm but the notifications tab shows the last update was over 10 hours ago?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Jay-Z

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly check the link and follow the procedures available : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/16629/

If the issue still persists, kindly gather bitdefender logs : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/8919/

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com explaining your issue in brief & attach the logs with the email.

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Jay-Z
    Jay-Z
    edited June 2020

The product is updating but NOT showing in the NOTIFICATIONS TAB when it does. The only way you can tell when the latest threat database was carried out is by right clicking and selecting About and looking there.

Also the software no longer carries out an automatic update within minutes of Windows Startup like it did for years. Since the product update at the end of May it doesn't run the check at startup. You have to run a manual update or wait for at least an hour. It always ran the update job within 3-5 minutes of Windows Startup until that product update at the end of May.

• Flexx

I understand that. It is because of this I said to drop an email to bitdefender support with the logs. Logs may hold some key information that may be valuable to the bitdefender support. It might be issue with the product also. Hence it is advised to follow the steps as stated in the trail post.

Additionally, I cannot reproduce the issue on my system. The product seem to show updated notification as desired.

Also, in addition to updating itself after every startup, the time interval between two successful update is one hour.

Regards

Flex

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

This also happens to me.

Bitdefender Total Security 2020 build 24.0.26.137 on both laptop (with Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 64-bit) and pc (with Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 32-bit).

As you can see from "25.06.2020-Pic01" last engine update was on 25.06.2020 at 22:56, which is about 40 minutes ago from now.

But, as you can see from "25.06.2020-Pic02" and "25.06.2020-Pic03", the successfull update at 22:56 hasn't been logged at all. And that is the full log file from 23.06.2020 23:58 till this moment.

Furthermore, seeing the whole log file (notifications), it seems like the program hasn't performed successfull update since 23.06.2020 23:58, which is, i believe impossible.

Just to tell you, this only happens with the latest build 24.0.26.137. This wasn't problem with build 24.0.24.131.

Something strange is happening with the program Update module.

• I have the same problem.

• Flexx

@vambo, @Gjoksi79_

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly gather bitdefender logs : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/8919/

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com explaining your issue in brief & attach the logs with the email.

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• I already submitted the logs last night or early this morning. Can't remember the exact time...LOL. No changes nor nothing new has been done on my PC since the Windows 10 Build update which I believe was a couple weeks ago. The only recent change was the product update with restart for Bitdefender. Update successfully messages appeared in the Notifications tab until that update to Version 24.0.26.137. All previous builds had it in the Notifications tab. You could always just take a quick look there to see if there was an update recently or any other issue that might arise.

As for the automatic update job running within minutes of Windows bootup; the process always ran for all the years I've been with Bitdefender until the Product update at the end of May. Then the auto update stopped after startup. When I say this I mean if you shutdown 8 plus hours in the past and then Bootup windows, the software always did an automatic update within 3-5 minutes of the bootup process. Not an hour plus later. I know this because I could never open all my folders and browsers before it ran. I watched the wheel spin on the Security Widget everyday like clockwork until that product update. Now I have to run a manual update daily or have 8 plus hours old threat database files until an hour or so later.

• Flexx

Since you have already sent the support logs to bitdefender, kindly be in touch with them on that ticket. Replies will be delayed by support team due to covid 19 & less staff. I usually receive response on any issue from support within 4-5 days max.

Regards

Flex

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, i think the problem has been solved by the Bitdefender team.

Yesterday around 13:40 local time, Bitdefender did an update and after that asked me to restart the device.

After device restart, all successful updates till now are recorded in Notifications.

• Jay-Z
    Jay-Z
    edited July 2020

Strange my last comment didn't post here? What I said in that comment was that I installed a new version from Central Account which took me to version 24.0.26.138 and still nothing showing up in Notifications Tab.

However, the update job ran again within minutes of Windows Startup!!!

I just updated with a restart and it knocked me back to version 24.0.26.137 and they show in the Notifications Tab but now the update job doesn't run again at bootup...LOL!!!

I don't want to hear about eh auto update running on an hourly basis garbage. The software always ran an update job within minutes of Windows Startup. It stopped after the update at the end of May. It ran again as of my running version 24.0.26.138.

The update restart a bit ago knocked me back to version 24.0.26.137 and the job doesn't run again!!!

Sorry! My previous comment did post but it was in the other topic about the threat database being hours old and not updating. What a day...LOL!!!