Warning from Apple re future version of iOS' incompatibility with Bitdefender

I am reasonably certain this was not fraudulent. Updating iOS prompted a warning that a "future version" of iOS will not be compatible with Bitdefender. Anyone else receive this message?

Comments

• yes. Got the same message

Catalina 10.15.14

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2020

Hi (@rskin1949 ,@Metromale2705)

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com so that they can checkup this information with the development team.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @rskin1949 @Metromale2705 ,

Nothing to worry here. I'm having the latest version of iOS(13.5) and latest mac OS (10.15.5). Bitdefender is working perfectly on latest version. Also please note that Bitdefender will be regularly releasing product updates which makes the application compatibible with new versions of iOS and mac OS.

As always, nothing to worry. Updates will be carried out automatically.

If this response was helpful, please click on agree or mark the answer as accepted.

Thanks and regards,

• I AM concerned about compatibility with my mac OS! I just installed Bitdefender and at the end of the process was informed it was not compatible with the next iOS. I am currently on iOS 10.15.4.

Ann

• @AnnM ,

Bitdefender team is aware of this. They will be releasing a product update which will get installed automatically and it makes the application compatible with future mac os version.

There is nothing to worry, Ann.

If you find this response helpful, please mark it as accepted/agree.

@rskin1949 @Metromale2705

• Same here, only Bitdefender disappeared from my MacBook Air today. I haven't tried a reinstall yet because I want to see what everyone else is doing. My Android is fine, VPN works fine too.

I've been getting the same warning as everyone else, about once a week for the past 2 months, but I ignored it thinking Bitdefender surely has this in hand and I'll be getting a comforting email from them any day now. Not a peep so far.

Any suggestions?

• "In order to be compliant with Apple’s Mobile Device Management usage guidelines, the Anti-Theft feature that is a part of the Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS will be decommissioned as of December 15, 2019."

This was one of the most useful features of Bitdefender was the ability to trace, lock and wipe an iPhone, which was stolen. I had to do this more than once. Now this seems to have stopped. Why? I don't want to be in Apple's hands on this. I valued the independence that Bitdefender gave me as a user with this feature. Why does Bitdefender care about Apple’s Mobile Device Management usage guidelines?

• I was unable to upgrade my iOS devices on iTunes to 14.0.1, which never happened before. I had to upgrade them wirelessly. After doing that, my devices are not visible on iTunes. According to Apple, it is because of Bitdefender.

I hope you are working on this, otherwise I will have to uninstall Bitdefender, as I only back up my devices through iTunes locally. I also share my extensive library of music as well through iTunes via USB.

Devices: Mid 2011 iMac running High Sierra 10.13.6; iTunes 12.8.2.3; iPhone 7Plus and iPad Pro .12.9" 2nd Gen, running iOS 14.0.1

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@shamanwolfe

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your issue & they will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)