How Do You Quickly Add Multiple Files To The Exceptions List?

I'm trying to add over 30 items (such as Cheat Engine components) to the Advance Threat Defense and Ransomware exceptions list. How would I do this quickly? Drag and drop does not seem to work; and browsing to the files manually, one-at-a-time takes forever! So how do you quickly add a large amount of items to the exceptions list?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Answers

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

@Captain Obvious :

In brief, you don't! It is a one-by-one painful process to add exceptions, something we long-time users have been complaining about for years. In addition, you cannot import or export your exceptions, in the event you have to reinstall. Presumably, this is for security reasons, but it is a real nuisance.

Sorry to bring you the bad news. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• We did have checkboxes at one point! Remember those? Back in the day (we're talking Bitdefender 2014/2015), there used to be checkboxes in front of items that could be added to the exceptions lists! That way, you could just check 20+ things in a row and add them to the list really fast! I wish they would bring back the checkboxes.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

@Captain Obvious

Now that you mention it, I think that I do vaguely remember the old "check boxes." I have been using BD for probably about 12 to 15 years now. It was only when I added Malwarebytes Premium to my "computer security arsenal" in 2014 that I needed to really start adding exceptions to prevent conflicts.

Like you, I would really appreciate being able to exclude multiple files/folders in a single step.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor