Bitdefender Total Security

Purchased Bitdefender Total Security, received an email to confirm my purchase....but Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac downloaded!!

How can this have happened, and how can it be resolved?

Tagged:

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member

Can you please elaborate your issue. Bitdefender total security license can work for all types of OS : windows, mac, android & ios.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I have a mac and purchased the total security package, but the antivirus for mac package downloaded, it's as simple as that.

As confirmation, when I open the bitdefender main window, it says antivirus for mac on the "toolbar" rather than total security.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited August 2020

Hi Member,

Total security will be displayed on the dashboard of windows OS only & not macOS, android or ios. Rest be assured the key for total security will work on all the stated OS. This is how bitdefender products are made. This is not limited to bitdefender only, even other vendors like kaspersky, eset etc have the same strategy.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Good afternoon Bitdefender team,

I have the same issue. I activated Bitdefender Total security license on Macbook, but what I can see that only a Bitdefender Antivirus downloaded and activated on the Mac. The windows popping up on Macbook is only a Bitdefender antivirus, with many features missing what I have on Total security on my windows. This means on the Macbook I have only an Antivirus (without firewall) instead of a Total security?

Could you please explain it? Macbook not supporting any kind of third party software what is coming as firewall + antivirus together, or you don't have the Total security software developed for macbooks OS?

Can be that the OS (Ver: 14.0) on the macbook is not supported or there are any other limitations?

• Good morning All

I have now sorted out my problem. Though the initial scan of my system by bitdefender prior to making my purchase, said my system was compatible, I was using an older OS. I have now updated to Catalina and my bitdefender account now includes the vpn, which it didn't before.

To Arion - I don't know whether it may help your situation, but if you have the capacity on your hard drive, you might want to consider doing the same.

• Thanks RichardUK.

I will have a look.