why the false free trial offer in the sign up and register page?

Jjames295
Jjames295
edited February 2022 in General Topics

I almost love this app but as i just signed up via a proposed "90 day free trial" sign up screen that had a green button literally labelled "start 90 day free trial now" and found it to be non existent i am dumbfounded that Bitdefender would actually lie like this and use false advertising. what i was presented when i got into central was nothing more than a 30 day trial. why o why would you guys promote with (AND label on your home sign in page) an offer that isn't given. i tried it three times with different emails and each time it says (on a refreshed page) "click here to start 90 day" after filling in the registration email. whats worse is the live chat button that says "open chat now" does nothing and simply ignores the click :/ what is going on Bitdefender team??

i was definitely planning on subscribing for a year after the trial but already on day 1 im considering Kaspersky because of this and because of the difficulty to open a customer service chat anywhere other than here... where i have no idea how long communication will take.

thanks for any help or answers given, J

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. As checked personally the 90 days trial is perfectly working as the websites quote.

90 days trial link :

https://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/consumer/new/get-your-90-day-trial-opt/index.html?clickid=Q4BxmWXm2xyOU7vwUx0Mo3QUUkiQAfSPLzWhWs0&irgwc=1&MPid=1400822&cid=aff%7Cc%7CIR

https://www.bitdefender.com/media/html/consumer/new/get-your-90-day-trial-opt/index.html?cid=inf%7Cc%7cLTT%7Cr

Hope you created a new bitdefender central account when using the 90 days trial, since if you are using an email that is already associated with any other bitdefender central account then the offer will not work.

If you are having issue with the newly created central account, then kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Jjames295
    Jjames295
    edited August 2020

Hi, thanks for your reply. However it does not resolve the issue as the link to the sign in page with 90 days is exactly the same place i am referring to that i signed up with. As i say, this was a fresh account and once in central the only option available read "activate 30 day trial". it really was as simple as that with no where to find the 90 day button. i have the screen open now using two other emails just to test my own steps and accuracy and those registrations are also missing the option to activate for 90 days. i don't understand why the option is so hard to find if its there and user friendly. i am not normally so non tech savvy to be unable to locate something that is actually there to locate :/

the added frustration here is i have run out of emails to register with and my protonmail one is the one i wanted to use for organisation reasons as this is my most secure and my pro email account and now it looks like i have to actually create another email which i dont want to do as it is convoluting my digital world and at the same time i am being shown that it would be in vain as i have already tried multiple times. Bare in mind from the start i never activated anything untill today so there is no reason this should not work on this laptop.

THERE IS NO WHERE IN CENTRAL IMMEDIATELY AFTER OPENING FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT SAYS GET YOUR 90 DAY FREE TRIAL, IT ONLY SAYS 30 DAY.

a direct live chat would really help right now but as i said before this service is also a phantom and does not open anything when i try to click the button. p.s. i am using a new clean laptop and other live chat boxes on other sites work fine.

thanks

• Jjames295
    Jjames295
    edited August 2020

wow i am in there now again on a new account and there is NOTHING to click that says begin 90 day free trial. this a total wind up and a loss of a customer with a voice of recomendation. this shocking programming and awareness by a high reputation security package makes me realise the possibility of areas being faulty just like this area, justifiably.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Have you tried to download any bitdefender product & and enter the details of login in the central account (not the web central account but the central sign in page which opens when you download trial version of bitdefender product from their website. If not, then download a trial of bitdefender security from the original website. After a successful installation a new central sign page will open, kindly enter the login details of the. Once everything is done, the product will synchronize with online central account.

Check & verify if it shows 90 days active or not.

If you are still having issue, kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks i will try this and get back to you later, maybe that is the issue.

Regards