Licences on other platforms

Hi everyone!

I have Bitdefender antivirus for mac installed on my MBP, working fine. I have capacity for 2 other devices on my subscription. I am trying to install Bitdefender on a Windows 10 pc as one of those extra devices.

Once installed it tells me that I am now using a 30 day free trial of Bitdefender Total Security, which isn't what I'm trying to achieve. I've gone through the steps of adding a new device, rather than downloading from scratch, and it has happened again.

Firstly, am I allowed to have a Windows PC as one of my "other" devices, even though I've bought the Mac version. Secondly, if I am allowed, how do I get it included in my existing subscription, instead of setting itself up as a trial version?

Thanks

Jamie

Tagged:

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

If you had bought key of total security, one key would have work for all of the OS (iOS, android, macOS or windows)

But in your case, I think you bought macOS key for two devices, which means the key can be used on 2 devices but is limited to macOS only. It cannot be used on any other OS.

Hence, when you are try to install the product on your windows OS, you are getting the 30 day trial, since the key you have is limited to 2 devices but for macOS only.

As previously said only total security key can be used on any of the OS.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Jamieb11

If you had bought key of total security, one key would have work for all of the OS (iOS, android, macOS or windows)

But in your case, I think you bought macOS key for two devices, which means the key can be used on 2 devices but is limited to macOS only. It cannot be used on any other OS.

Hence, when you are try to install the product on your windows OS, you are getting the 30 day trial, since the key you have is limited to 2 devices but for macOS only.

As previously said only total security key can be used on any of the OS.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)