Flight simulator 2020 block by firewall

Hello

I install Flight Simulator 2020 by Microsoft Store.

But the firewall of BitDefender block the game. Only if a desactivate the firewall that the game connect.

How can i make an except rule with the firewall with an app on windows 10?

thanks

Tagged:

Answers

• I did a ticket for the same problem, no solution for the moment , maybe if evry user of Fs2020 contact the support, they will give more time for this problem.

• Below is a reply from Bitdefender CS received yesterday

Hello,

Thank you for your patience throughout this entire process and please accept my apologies for the frustration that we might have caused.

I have looked into the case and it seems that the situation is caused by an issue which has already been acknowledged by our development team. We are currently working on a fix which will be done by means of automatic update and won't require any additional action on your end.

I will get back to you with an update regarding the fix as soon as we have one.

• I did open my ticket too and also received the same answer as @Fbsh . I thought the recent patch released by Microsoft would handle the issue but it looks like it didn't.

• Same Problem.

• gpk
    gpk
    edited September 2020

Same issue, even when adding a FW rule and putting EXE path manually. I had to disable FW to get it to update.

Seems a lot of software lately is having issues with UWP apps?

There probably needs to be a better way to adding Windows Apps to FW rules etc, similar to how nVidia handles them in their Geforce Experience .

And I just paid for a one year subscription to Bitdefender; stuff like this needs to not re-occur.

• Hello, everyone. I joined this community to gain new things and to be honest i don't have much knowledge in this field, i'm facing some type of tech issue, from yesterday my roku remote not working. Help Me. Thanks in advance

• Hey, everyone. Hope you all are good. I joined this community to share as much as knowledge in this online field, so yesterday my roku freezing screen problem started, then i searched many ways on the web to fix it. If anyone also want to know then lets have a healthy discussion. 

• No news coming from Bitdefender about this issue. Currently having to rely on Windows Defender Firewall, but not satisfactory long term solution. Frustrating and not good PR for Bitdefender.

• Hi, you can do the following. Go to Protection>Firewall>Settings.

For ´´Default application behavior´´ click ´´Edit default rules´´´.

For WLAN take the setting ´´Allow´´. OK

• Canuck4Ever
    edited October 2020

Same issue here. No problems but problem only began recently.

On Automatic settings - Firewall does not let Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 go through firewall.

No Firewall settings for ASK? Only - BLOCK, ALLOW or AUTOMATIC

How about a setting to turn firewall off for an hour? Or even better - ALLOW for xx (15 minutes, 30 minutes, 120 minutes) time period??

Tried adding rules based on location of executable but that did not work

Seems kind of problematic to turn off firewall to play a known game - not to mention huge security risk

BITFINDER PLEASE FIX 🤔

PS: As one of previous posts mentioned - how about adding folders to exemption rule - such as WinApps

• JaZp
    JaZp
    edited October 2020

Hello there.

I have the same issue. 2 days ago when I started Microsoft Flightsimulator 2020 I did get an error. After I've tried some things I found out that BitDefender Firewall was the issue... pretty strange though, because this wasn't an issue before.

When I started Flight Simulator it began to download the latest patch (v1.9.5.0) with no problems.

When I enable the BitDefender Firewall now before I start the game, the Market Place option is grayed out and the game says there's no internet connection.

The only solution for now is to completely disable the BitDefender Firewall... I also tried to create a rule for the 2 FlightSimulator.exe files but this doesn't solve the issue:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\FlightSimulator.exe

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

I hope BitDefender will fix this soon so I don't have to disable the BitDefender Firewall anymore when I want to play Flight Simulator 2020.

Thanks!

• Today I updated my Bitdefender to the latest version and now I have to turn off the Firewall to allow MSFS to work otherwise I get the insert disk issue. I've tried adding it to the firewall, etc.

MSFS was working fine on the previous version of Bitdefender.

• With MSFS 2020 being one of the most downloaded flight sims in recent memory, I fail to understand the delay on Bitdender's part to address / fix this?

My BitD subscription is coming up and there are other solutions out there that have little to no issues with MSFS 2020

Could we please get confirmation from Bitdefender folks that they are working on a fix???

Thank You

• Last email from tech support was basically "we're working on it". Issue is well over a month old....

I suggest you send support a message expressing your thoughts.

Between this and FW rules not working ... oof

Not sure how these issues got past testing.

• As people said her, It's been over a month now and no fix has yet to be released.

It's not exactly rocket science, just create a rule to let MSFS work with BT and release it to the users. MSFS was already updated twice since this issue was published and no fix yet was published.

Seriously thinking of going back to my previous provider.

• I have the same issue after updating Bitdefender.. Took me a while to even work out what the problem was. Please fix this Bitdefender!!

• My BitDefender just got an update. The problem with Flight SImulator seems to be solved now. I don't have to disable the Firewall anymore to run MS Flight Simulator 2020.

Thanx!

• Yes it is fixed finally! Thanks for posting I had forgotten to test after I saw the update.

Now I have to see if the broken FW rules are now properly respected for LAN gameplay.

• Alas no. Multiplayer mode remains blocked. Xbox networking is still not working.

• Hello, everyone. I joined this community to gain new things and to be honest i don't have much knowledge in this field, i'm facing some type of tech issue, from yesterday my roku remote not working. Help Me. Thanks in advance

• I am having the same issue with FS2020. Any other antivirus with same problems?

• As5ahism
    As5ahism
    edited November 2020

I'm reposting my post about issues with network connection in Forza Horizon 4. It worked for Forza Horizon multiplayer (also MS game)

"I had the same issue and I fixed it by resetting rules in BD firewall and then adding firewall rule for C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe.

Allow any protocols, any ports and any IP for svchost.exe then restart BD firewall. Give it a try."

• Assault Speed is as yet an extremely challenged thing. It incorporates into Rapid Firecannon which is a center thing on a great deal of conveys. https://qnnit.com/ It additionally assists units with building mana all the more rapidly by assaulting quicker. Generally speaking it is a strong thing, yet is in no way, shape or form fundamental for each comp. 

• Overlooking Microsoft's deceptive "for business" assignment, the Surface Laptop 3 is a standout amongst other 15-inch PCs around. It has incredible execution, long battery life, https://adhuntt.com a quick hard drive and ships with Windows 10 Pro. Additionally, you get Microsoft's attractive aluminum skeleton and a ravishing presentation. In case you're an aficionado of Microsoft's journals, this is the best PC for you. 

• bazoo
    bazoo
    edited April 2021

There no need to disable Bitdefenders Firewall! Only give the MS Flightsimulator excecutable permission to go through.

Go to firewall option--> rule--> type in where the flightsimulator.exe is located. In my case it is :

c:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.flightsimulator_1.8.3.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\flightsimulator.exe

Before doing that I had also the problem bazoo ometv "Insert disk".

Now all is fine and I´m happy!