How do I deal with db8151dd if I never had an account?

csd
csd
edited January 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

Hi there,

I've been asked by your service to change my login details and enable 2FA for the Covve app, but I have in fact never had an account with them, which has been confirmed in discussion with them, rather that one of their users uploaded my contact information as it's a contacts app.

How should I deal with this? I'm unsure how I can do anything productive.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Kindly check your email id on stated website : https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Additionally, kindly go forward and change password of your personal email account & enable 2FA on it (like gmail, yahoo mail, outlook, etc)

As far as going through all the articles written on the same topic on the web, there is nothing one can do about it.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi Flex,

Thanks very much for your response - in practical terms, I appreciate there's not a whole lot I can do which I haven't done already.

In terms of Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection, though, should it have detected my details in another way, rather than assuming I had an account on the service, or is it impossible for them to tell? The reason I ask is that the responses are all around changing my details on Covve, but naturally I can't actually do that.

csd

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Well, according to me, be it any AV solution, it cannot provide you 100% protection against these stuff. The best thing the AV can do in this stuff is to block malicious incoming & outgoing traffic via firewall (which is only included in BIS & BTS) and block phishing/ malicious website (which is included in all of the bitdefender products, even in the free version)

But going through bitdefender digital identity protection website (https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/digital-identity-protection.html) and checking out the function they provide, I would still request you to contact bitdefender support via email (bitsy@bitdefender.com) asking them if your issue can be solved by using bitdefender digital identity protection since it is a payable service.

If somebody has created covve account using your email, contact the covve support and ask them to delete/ disable your covve account permanently from their backed support. Also ask them to unsubscribe your email from any newsletter/ notification from covve.com

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)