Can anyone help me with adding a laptop for protection?

I have Bitdefender Total Protection 2019 for 5 seats.  I have only 3 devices on the subscription.  I just bought a brand new laptop HP 10th Gen Intel Core i7-1065G7 Quad Core Processor with Intel Iris Plus graphics. 8GB RAM 512  solid state storage. It shows 1.30-1.5 GHz

I have tried to add the laptop by logging into bitdefender central and selected protect this device.  A pop up box came up to say: Bitdefender could not be installed because: you need a CPU with at least 1500MHz for optimal performance of the product.  Having lower system capabilities may result in slowdowns or product malfunction.  Install anyway Yes or No.  I selected No.

I also tried sending the link to the email address and installing from there.  The same pop up box came up. 

Isn't 1.30 GHz -1.5 GHZ more CPU than 1500 MHz?  I submitted a request for support from Bitdefender, but it may take to long for a response.  Can anyone help with this issue?

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Thank you so much for responding.  This is very helpful, as I am not knowledgeable with operating systems.  The box did not spell out the amount of CPU.  Since you have answered explaining the computer CPU and Bitdefender CPU requirements, I googled my exact processor.  It says it has    i7-1065G7

Performance Specifications

• # of Cores 4
    • # of Threads 8
    • Processor Base Frequency 1.30 GHz
    • Max Turbo Frequency 3.90 GHz
    • Cache 8 MB Intel® Smart Cache
    • Bus Speed 4 GT/s
    • TDP 15 W
    • Configurable TDP-up Frequency 1.50 GHz
    • Configurable TDP-up 25 W
    • Configurable TDP-down Frequency 1.00 GHz
    • Configurable TDP-down

It has 8MB

With the max turbo frequency 3.9 GHZ that would be 3900 MHz right?  I thought I bought a mid range computer that would last a few years .  Should I return this computer?  Do you have any recommendations on a mid priced computer for school? Thank you so much for your help. 

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Dee72

With the max turbo frequency 3.9 GHZ that would be 3900 MHz right? I thought I bought a mid range computer that would last a few years . Should I return this computer? Do you have any recommendations on a mid priced computer for school? Thank you so much for your help. 

As far as I know, you will have to go into BIOS to activate turbo boost, but it does comes with it's own cons. ,higher turbo boost means, higher heat up of processor, which for a limited time may be good but using for long time may decrease the life of your processor.

Your maximum speed upto which your processor can work is 3.9 GHz, and as previously said the turbo boost has to be activated in the BIOS for that. If you will enable turbo boost you will make your processor work to its maximum limit. But it will affect life of your processor & that is why your PC shows base speed of 1.30 GHz which is the normal speed at which your processor works as per the manufacturers.

If you want you can use bitdefender free antivirus on your this PC. Free version will protect your PC from malware and malicious & phishing website which is hat a normal user needs : https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

That being said you can still give bitdefender total security 2020 a try on your system, if you will limit its functionality or the functions that you do not need and disable them, it might be possible that the bitdefender total security 2020 may work fine on your current system.

For additional information, you are always welcome to drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Flexx

With the max turbo frequency 3.9 GHZ that would be 3900 MHz right? I thought I bought a mid range computer that would last a few years . Should I return this computer? Do you have any recommendations on a mid priced computer for school? Thank you so much for your help. 

As far as I know, you will have to go into BIOS to activate turbo boost, but it does comes with it's own cons. ,higher turbo boost means, higher heat up of processor, which for a limited time may be good but using for long time may decrease the life of your processor.

Your max speed upto which your processor can work is 3.9 GHz, and as previously said the turbo boost has to be activated in the BIOS for that. If you will enable turbo boost you will make your processor work to its maximum limit. But it will affect life of your processor & that is why your PC shows base speed of 1.30 GHz which is the normal speed at which your processor works as per the manufacturers.

If you want you can use bitdefender free antivirus on your this PC. Free version will protect your PC from malware and malicious & phishing website which is hat a normal user needs : https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

That being said you can still give bitdefender total security 2020 a try on your system, if you will limit its functionality or the functions that you do not need and disable them, it might be possible that the bms 2020 may work fine on your current system.

For additional information, you are always welcome to drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

@Dee72

Your max speed upto which your processor can work is 3.9 GHz, and as previously said the turbo boost has to be activated in the BIOS for that. If you will enable turbo boost you will make your processor work to its maximum limit. But it will affect life of your processor & that is why your PC shows base speed of 1.30 GHz which is the normal speed at which your processor works as per the manufacturers.

That being said you can still give bitdefender total security 2020 a try on your system, if you will limit its functionality or the functions that you do not need and disable them, it might be possible that the bms 2020 may work fine on your current system.

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

That being said you can still give bitdefender total security 2020 a try on your system, if you will limit its functionality or the functions that you do not need and disable them, it might be possible that the bms 2020 may work fine on your current system

Regards

Flex

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

@Dee72

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

@Dee72

Your maximum speed upto which your processor can work is 3.9 GHz, and as previously said the turbo boost has to be activated in the BIOS for that. If you will enable turbo boost you will make your processor work to its maximum limit. But it will affect life of your processor & that is why your PC shows base speed of 1.30 GHz which is the normal speed at which your processor works as per the manufacturers.

Regards

Flex

• MikeAustin
    edited May 2021
    Three sections so you can focus on what matters to you most:
    Essentials steps: This section groups together the four steps everyone should perform to ensure that their laptop is keeping their data safe.
    Protect your privacy: This section lists the steps you can take to enhance your laptop privacy protection.
    Increase your security: Three additional steps to further protect your laptop from theft and other physical events.