Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Anti-theft Device List & Account Reset

Options

Hi there!

Just a quick post to point out a couple of issues I have with MyBitdefender. This is a personal opinion, and not a general reflection of the BitDefender product as a whole - I find it a fantastic piece of software but MyBitdefender has a few issues I think need looking at.

Firstly, because I have changed devices a lot, upgraded operating systems (Windows 8 to 8.1, Lion to Mountain Lion for example) and uninstalled/reinstalled a few times, I had a lot of devices listed in the MyBitdefender portal. I also have trial versions and older versions of the software listed under products too.

I know how to remove devices, and that works fine. I can reinstall, and after a while a new device gets generated with correct information. That works ok. What annoys me is there is no way I can manage my own products (as in remove the trials etc). Also, I cannot remove devices from the Antitheft drop down list. Over time, this device list could potentially get rather large, and be full of devices I no longer have or own.

I spoke with a support rep on online chat, who suggested I create another MyBitdefender account to start again. This isn't really helpful, as I would have to use another email address, and plus the old account would still be hanging about and I'm not really comfortable with that. I'd rather be able to sort out the account I already have.

So as a note to the developers, especially for the MyBitdefender web portal, please implement some way of removing extraneous products, and also extraneous devices from Anti-Theft. Or at least allow the tech support staff the ability to delete the account so we can recreate it. (Which apparently is not possible for them to do, according to the tech support chat I had today).

For now, I'll have to put up with the extra products and devices, and the fact that if I decide to go to another product when this expires, I will have a MyBitdefender account lurking about that won't be removed even though its not in use. :unsure:

Comments

• Just as an addition to this, before someone points it out :)

I hadn't really looked at the products page in a massive amount of detail, but I have found that you can filter the products to only show valid (non-expired) products. So thats one down...I can live with that.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello and thank you for your feedback.

Please be advised that we responded to a similar query about removing the devices from Antitheft list in these topics:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=178795

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=190232

The main reason you are unable to delete unused devices from your MyBitdefender account is that it is useful to keep a history

of all the systems/mobile phones you have used this product on, and for security reasons as well; for the moment we have submitted a feature request in this matter to the Product Manager and it is likely for such an option to be added in the MyBitdefender platform.

I will keep you updated on the evolution of this situation.

Have a beautiful day!

• MarkT
    Options

I have upgraded a mobile phone. However the old phone is still showing as one of five devices using my 5 device licence. How do I delete the old phone - so that I have only 4 devices covered by my licence?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Hi Member,

Kindly follow the steps in stated link : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795/

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)