Getting cannot copy installer error when trying to reinstall Bitdefender Free
I had to do a System Restore to fix a problem with my computer. Bitdefender Free was running fine but I had to uninstall it and Bitdefender Agent using Control Panel/Programs and Features before I could do the System Restore.
I also downloaded the Uninstall Tool from here, ran it, and deleted any leftover Bitdefender folders in C:\Program Files https://www.bitdefender.com/site/view/uninstall_consumer_trial.html
The System Restore fixed the Windows problem. I downloaded the Bitdefender install file from here: https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html
When I ran it I get the cannot copy installer error. I have seen others here and on other forums getting the same error message.
1. This time I used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall Bitdefender Agent and its registry entries, Ccleaner’s registry cleaner, and manually deleted any Bitdefender registry entries with regedit.
2. I ran chkdsk on C:\, dism, and sfc /scannow. No corrupt files found.
3. Ran scans of C:\ drive with Malawarebytes Antimalware, ADWcleaner, and Windows Defender. Nothing found.
4. Deleted all files from my C:\Users\......\Appdata\Local\Temp directory
5. Turned off Windows Defender and all Firewalls.
7. Ran the installation file, bitdefender_online.exe, again. Same error message, Cannot copy installer.
8. Uninstalled Bitdefender totally again. Created a new Bitdefender account, logged in to Bitdefender Central, and downloaded the bitdefender_windows_............exe installation file.
9. Turned Windows Defender and firewalls off and tried to install it. I got this error message:
When I tried to run the uninstall tool I got this:
I’m throwing in the towel for now. Doing a Windows re-install is not an option. Windows and everything else are running fine.
Anyone here or in support have any suggestions???