Please bring back the Security Widget in Total Security

2»

Comments

• Hello,

We can still change that, sign this petition and show Bitdefender that we are stronger than they have to listen to their customer.

• Can we bring back the widget? It's an essential function of Bitdefender as we know it.

• Oh..this answers the question I came here for after doing the latest update. Not a HUGE deal for me, but I did appreciate having the widget, so I vote yes to add it back. There was always a option to turn it on/off so that both opinions could be satisfied. Though maybe there is a good reason it was removed? Could anyone from Bitdefender comment?

Appreciate the dark mode in the new version...thanks!

• Is there an English version of the petition? I wish to vote yes to bring back the widget. Any chance we can start another one to get rid of the stupid "We've got your back" notification re: work profiles? Why would Bitdefender get rid of the widget, which was actually helpful & could be turned off if wanted, but keep the stupid annoying work profile notification that is totally useless & can't be turned off unless you disable Activate profiles automatically? Because they don't care about what their clients actually want I guess. Another couple of reasons to consider not renewing my subscription.

• Yeah, tried to fill out the petition, but I have to say, bit rude leaving Australia off the phone list, so no $ from me, not like I'd pay to get something removed that I didn't want in the first place. I'd rather cancel my subscription & save some $ instead. Cheers.

• Yep, bring back the widget and get rid of the annoying "we've got your back" work profile notification! Why get rid of something that was helpful, but keep something that is a PITA?

• I don't understand you have Reussi to sign the petition? The text is in French and English

• This is what I get when I click on the petition link. Looks like French to me. And when I went to add my phone number there was no option for Australia. Plus I got 2 emails re: signing the petition which are both in French as well. Not that it really matters, I've signed it so all good.

• Ok but you don't need to enter your phone, this is an optional option

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Amen to that, @SteveS . Well spoken.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• I have already posted elsewhere about my disappointment with the disappearance of the widget. I have since been using the 'non-widget' Bitdefender (as it has now gone from two of my computers). I was hoping that when using the 'non widget' version, and giving it a chance, I would get used to it...

...guess what? Nope. Have not got used to it whatsoever.

I think I miss it even more now since having to live without the widget. It's so frustrating that there's no indication that you have received a warning, notice of a blocked connection etc. (unless you open up the Bitdefender dashboard and check you notifications). I'm afraid it's become a major issue for me.

Maybe it's me? Maybe 90% of Bitdefender users are happy the the 'gone-widget'? But I just can't believe that.

I find that I am now getting into the habit of firing up the Bitdefender UI — and then going to the notification/messages panel, and then sliding the whole window almost off my desktop so that I can just about see any new messages/notifications that may pop up during a computer session. That's somewhat crazy though, as I am effectively trying to substitute the widget by having the whole Bitdefender program fully open all the time! So my "Widget" is now a panel 900 x 650 pixels approximately.

Please, please, please reinstate the Widget. Even if you replace it with just a tiny one that just lets you know if you have received a warning message etc. If I click on a website that Bitdefender blocks then I would like to know about it immediately... not when I next fire up the Bitdefender dashboard UI.

I hope you will reconsider giving us some sort of widget again (sob sob).

• "I find that I am now getting into the habit of firing up the Bitdefender UI — and then going to the notification/messages panel, and then sliding the whole window almost off my desktop so that I can just about see any new messages/notifications that may pop up during a computer session. That's somewhat crazy though, as I am effectively trying to substitute the widget by having the whole Bitdefender program fully open all the time! So my "Widget" is now a panel 900 x 650 pixels approximately"

This. Stop stripping out features. This is exactly how you'll kill off your loyal customer base. They stop recommending the product to others, then subscription rates drop... soon the revenue will sink.

• Please bring back the widget & file vault! At least Bitdefender could have & should have given all it's customers advance notice beforehand. Then I would be able to back up the file vault before it was taken away. I can't retrieve my vaulted files now & that's very important to me!

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

This is to inform you that file vault has been removed from 2021 line of bitdefender consumer product since according to bitdefender support everything is moving to cloud.

The best way for you to extract your vault files is to uninstall the current version of bitdefender 2021 and download the bitdefender 2020 line of product. But since the installer available on the bitdefender website and on the bitdefender central will download the latest 2021 version of the product, the only way to download the version 2020 is by using the standalone installer and that too of total security since there is no standalone installer available for antivirus plus or internet security.

BTS 2020 (32 bit) - http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2020/all/bitdefender_ts_24_32b.exe

BTS 2020 (64 bit) - http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2020/all/bitdefender_ts_24_64b.exe

After you successfully download the required total security 2020 version from above link, a central windows will open where you will have to enter your login details. After activating the product, disconnect your internet to stop the force upgrade to total security 2021 version.

You can use the file vault in total security 2020 to extract your file details and save it to some other place. When you are done you can just reconnect to internet and sooner or later your bitdefender product will get updated to 2021 version through automatic updates.

I know this is a lengthy process but this is the only way to help you extract your vault files.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Bring back file vault!

No notice was given that this feature would be removed in the new update of TS 2020. I am very much disappointed!

• Flexx

Hi Member,

The requested thing is already available in BTS 2020. It has been removed from BTS 2021.

You can always share your feedback with support by dropping an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Below is the official link from bitdefender which states the features that have been removed in Bitdefender 2021 for Windows OS

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32563/

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

• I hope they will reconsider and bring back the widget. I just installed BitDefender on a new laptop, and when the widget didn't show up, I wondered if I had done something wrong.

My main problem with not having it is that I will have no idea whether BitDefender wants to reboot the system to install updates. It never used to do that without asking first, and where that would show up is on the security widget. Now, I understand that I have to remind myself to go and look at an update status which is hidden and requires extra work to see. I will never remember.

• I just read the great news - https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/299258/#Comment_299258

BitDefender will be bringing the Security Widget back.

Big sigh of relief for those of us who help a lot of friends/family/clients with their system management and for whom we've guided to install BD Total Security to make spotting problems / providing our own support for them easy.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen!

Using Bitdefender Total Security. Paying BD customer since 2012

• Walkuere
    Walkuere
    edited February 2021

February 03/2021 - latest update: THE WIDGET IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you, Bitdefender, very much appreciated!!!!

• Flexx

Finally it's back !

Regards

Flex

• Is it actually going to do anything like it used to ? It would show when you haven't uppdated in 24 or 48 hours by displaying yellow or red. They took that feature out right before the took the widget out altogether.

I'll find out tomorrow. I'm leaving my laptop off for a couple of days to see if the widget displays the fact that it hasn't been updated.

• Ok I let my laptop stay off for over 3 days and the Widget still showed green which of course makes no sense since BDTS hadn't been updated in over 72 hours.

The old Widget used to show a yellow "!" if updates hadn't been done in over 24 hours and a red "X" if they hadn't been done in over 48 hours.

So now we see the green circle and think "ok I'm up to date" when in fact we're not. It's not uncommon for people to leave some of thier computers off for two days or more such as when they're on a weekend or vacation.

So really at this point the Widget is little more than eye candy.