"Quarantine List" location in new Version 25 needs to be made easier to find

DSperber
DSperber ✭✭✭
edited January 2021 in Protection

It used to be trivially simple to find the "Quarantine List" in previous version 24 of BD2020. You went to Protection, and in the major "Antivirus" category right away there was "Quarantine". All immediately visible and accessible with one single click.

But now with version 25 the location of this Quarantine list is seemingly a complete secret!!! It's obviously a major and important concept and feature, but it is no longer directly accessbile through an immediately visible and single-clickable link. In fact it is so well "hidden" that you pretty much have to stumble into it accidentally.

(1) It is NOT shown in "protection on the main level-1 interface. Yes, there is a main category named "'Antivirus" that appears, but in version 25 there is no detailed visible sub-list on this page any longer as there was in version 24. You have to clearly at least drill down one level, with at least one click.

(2) So you take a chance, and push the OPEN button in the Antivirus category, hoping that you will then see the old familiar sub-list of items, including the MONSTER IMPORTANT "Quarantine".

But no... now that you're down one level into Antivurus there STILL IS NO "Quarantine" word visible anywhere on the screen. No clue or hint about where to find it. So we've now expended one click, we're down one level from the program-launch opening presentation, and still no success yet or even any idea where to go next in our hunt for "Quarantine".

(3) On the one-level-down Antivirus presentation with version 25, we now have just THREE TABS: Scans, Settings, and Advanced. I don't see "Quarantine" or anything here which even suggests or hints it might hold the secret door to discover "Quarantine".

I would like to suggest that IDEALLY there should be a FOURTH TAB here... with that new fourth tab being QUARANTINE!!! Seems like an important enough sub-category that it deserves a place of honor (i.e. a tab) in the newly redesigned version 25 GUI, just as it was important enough to be right there in front of our eyes in the version 24 GUI (on page 1 of Protection, immediately in front of our eyes). See my "red" box in the above picture as my suggested location for this new fourth tab.

So anyway, we still have no clue where "Quarantine" might be secreted away. Can we even ever see it? Presumably. But where might it be???

Well, the GUI redesigners for version 25 have decided it belongs in SETTINGS!!! WHAT??? Settings? Display and management of Quarantined items is a "Settings" item? Where I would presume customization and setup and program behavior controls would be placed?.

I would NEVER HAVE GUESSED that "Settings" tab is where the Quarantine list is now offered. And yet that's where it is, discovered only completely by total accident as I clicked on everything available in my desperate search to find where Quarantine might actually be located in version 25.

So, that's where it is now hidden... IN SETTINGS!!

My suggestion is that this is a crazy and inappropriate location for something so important as the maintainance and management of the Quarantine list. It should not take three clicks to get to it. It should take one click, or at most two clicks if Antivirus is now a new first-level main category to be drilled down into in the new GUI redesign.

It needs to be back up as a FOURTH TAB of the Antivirus category itself, instantly recognizable with the word "Quarantine" on the new fourth tab.

It is NOT A SETTING! It is a functional sub-category within Antivirus, same as it always was as clearly indicated in the version 24 GUI design. This new placement in version 25 is really impossible to find except by sheer accident, and needs to be relocated up to a primary level, as its own fourth tab directly under Antivirus.

That's my suggestion.

Answers

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

In principle, I agree with the author of the post, you can add a function to quickly launch the component I need. On the control panel there is an option "add quick action", but "quarantine" is not in the list.