The Return of the Security Widget

Andy_BD
Andy_BD ✭✭✭
edited December 2021 in News & Blogs

Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce that the Security widget will be making its return to our Bitdefender products!

When?

Soon, very soon actually. In Q1 of 2021.

Although it is making a return, it'll also get a visual revamp and some under-the-hood changes.

Here is a preview of what it will look like once it's back:

We're interested in keeping the conversation going and to see your thoughts on the new look and so we encourage you to give us your feedback on this topic down below!

Thank you again for all your support and for reaching out on an issue that you care so deeply about. We wouldn't be where we are without our users and we hope to reach even greater heights together!

Tagged:

Answers

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

We are happy that it is even better

Why not release it with the December 10 update and wait until Q1 to do so?

It's great but why wait another 3 months to get it back and not update it immediately for its return?

I find the feedback really good, I'll just note that the Vue format was much better in my opinion, as the image is a bit intriguing to me in the center; a view was much classier than I find.

But I'm so happy with his return that I'll be happy with what he gets

• This article should therefore be updated, which therefore no longer applies for the Widget

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32563

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

• Soooo glad it will return.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Thanks for the update @Andy_BD !

We must appreciate @Gauthey hardwork in making sure that bitdefender does something to bring the widget back at any cost.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Great evolution since loan of 7 years

We are proud of the Widget's return and we won't let go until its final release :)

• Thank you!

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

Here's the good news. Dear friend widget, I miss it very much. @Gauthey Definitely a good fellow.

• Hello

Yes I'm a good guy :) I fight for injustice and for the removal of sometimes misunderstood features.

Since September, we've been fighting every day to get the message across to the developer and the entire Bitdefender team. We're happy today that it finally paid off

Stay informed of the news of the widget until its return!

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

I am delighted to hear the great news that the Security Widget will be available soon. Thank you Bitdefender for listening to your loyal customers. I like the new look as well.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Hello

@Andy_BD @BogdanB_BD @Adriana_S

The whole Widget mobilization team would like him to come back for Christmas, it is already because it would be a good proof of the team of developers towards the users who have not left anything for more than 6 months and it will be a very nice gift from Bitdefender.

• I don't mind to wait 6months for the widget

but sure i cannot wait even 1 more week with these spammers all over the community... Bitdefender need to wake up.. even flagin/reporting their posts/topics didn't do any good since last month as far as i'm aware..

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

@Andy_BD @BogdanB_BD

Technical question what are the major changes to the Widget?

Other point will it be by default on all installations

Another point that will be useful for the visually impaired an audible sound each time a notification appears on the Widget that this sound can be activated or deactivated in the settings.

Be aware that the Widget has been Bitdefender's selling point for many, many years, its promotion should be better, you should put a tab in the dashboard to be able to put an option to activate it and not just to have to go through advanced settings do this

• Bonjour à toutes et à tous,

Je suis ravi d'apprendre cette bonne nouvelle , Security Widget sera bientôt disponible. Merci Bitdefender d'avoir écouté vos fidèles clients. J'aime bien le nouveau look.

Merci aussi à Gauthey pour sa persévérance

Bonne journée à tous et prenez soin de vous

Cordialement,

• sonujain
    sonujain
    edited December 2020

This widget wait stil on my mind plz hurry and don't be delay too much thx in advance you can click here also : https://usshoptools.com/

• @Andy_BD @BogdanB_BD @arianna

Hello, it has been 6 times since we reported the information to Bitdefender, it is time to modify this article which has become false since the return of the Security Widget because you are misleading people.

• Thanks and hope bitdefender will reduced its advance setting, just put some buttons to do it.

• @BogdanB_BD @Andy_BD @Yann A.

More news and still no date announced? yet the first quarter of 2021 arrives.

In addition, it will be good to quickly update this article https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32563/ which is now false

• Flexx

Sent an email to support regarding the same. Maybe they are waiting till the widget will actually be available. Until then, they are not rectifying the statements written in that website.

Regards

Flex

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

2021 to ring the hour for the return of the Widget also friends, long live the year 2021, long live the return of the magnificent security Widget version 2021.

• MJX
    MJX ✭✭✭

It's great that the company listened to the community on this issue. But I hope this is not forced on everyone. It should be a setting to see it or now. For me AV is like car insurance. I pay for it but I don't want to hear anything from it or about it until I need it. Then it should just do what I paid for, work.

• MJX
    MJX ✭✭✭

I absolutly hate when a company relays doing something as a "gift". Like they are giving the software away? Everyone gets Bit Defender for free? Please, as I said in an earlier post its very nice that they broght back a feature that the customer base wanted back. But don't pass it on as a favor. Did you have to do it, no and people are also free to choose another AV software. Its a 2 way street. People pay for a product, the company provides it.

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

@BogdanB_BD @Andy_BD @Yann A.

More news and still no date announced? Still, the first quarter of 2021 has arrived :)

In addition, it will be good to quickly update this article https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32563/ which is now false

• Hello and Happy new year to everybody!

Yes, we know that you are waiting to see this widget re-launched. We've said it's going to be in the first quarter and we are keeping our promise. 

Obviously not in the first week and also not in the last week of the first quarter. But it's going to be rather towards the end of January, as we have scheduled also other items on the development team's roadmap. 

Thank you again for letting us know how important the widget is for you and how you were using it. 

We will announce publicly on this thread the release of the widget immediately after we know the launch date is 100% certain. 

Thank you again for your patience.

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

@BogdanB_BD

Hello

Can you tell us what the January 7 product update brings with it knowing that there will be one at the end of January for the Widget?

I find its totally useless then according to your words there should not be one before the Widget was put online, right?

We're going around in circles if you updated on the 7th, why didn't you submit it then?

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

It is with immense joy that we are proud to announce, thanks to a developer at Bitdefender, the return of the security Widget tomorrow on a global scale after 6 months of absence and after a massive mobilization of users the return of the Security Widget!

It is scheduled for tomorrow but will take a few days to arrive!

• Hello everyone, 

As promised, we have some news regarding the Widget.

The development team has launched today the update containing the new Widget, rejoice! 

However, please take note that the release is done incrementally, today it has been launched to the first 10k batch of our users. 

The update is expected to reach all of you by the end of the month. 

With that being said, take care and stay safe out there!

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

thank you so much

but if every day there are 10,000 users it will still be there in 6 months knowing that Bitdefender has 500,000,000 users.

I will be happy to know what are the update criteria on which you base yourself so that such and such receive before such user

• Flexx

@BogdanB_BD Additional to what @Gauthey said, if bitdefender malware database update is released to all the user at once worldwide, then why there is a delay for the product update. Why not release it worldwide at once, similar to malware database update.

Regards

Flex

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

@BogdanB_BD @Andy_BD

The update system crap I'm only at version 25.0.10.52 while it looks like the latest version is 25.0.14.55. Except an update took place this evening at 22:21 but still nothing is the version 25.0.10.52 which has been updated.

Has someone received the latest update and can upload a screenshot of the Widget presence in order to win the petition?

I had to wait almost 2 months for the last update when I removed the Widget, it had been removed in July and I had the update in October. So guys we're not ready to have it.

As long as I do not have his return in front of me, we will continue the mobilization

• k70
    k70 ✭✭✭

Same here,maybe completely reinstalling bitdefender might reinstate the widget?

• k70
    k70 ✭✭✭

It's not the end of january yet but if some users have to wait months while others only a few days then that is just wrong.

Also thank you for your efforts to get the widget back.

• amazing thnx for sharing this useful information.

For more information visit

ozoweb

• So what Build version has it?

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

security widget is back to us!

product version 25.0.14.58

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
  • k70
    k70 ✭✭✭

Still no widget here.

• Flexx

Same on my side. It's still the old product version as of now !

Regards

Flex

• @BogdanB_BD Thank you for the update, very welcome news!

However, this weekend is end of month and I'm starting to wonder when I'll receive it. https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/300270/#Comment_300270

Fingers crossed... 🤞

Using Bitdefender Total Security. Paying BD customer since 2012

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

@BogdanB_BD @Andy_BD @Alex Stanciu @Sergiu C.

On our side still nothing and February 1 is fast approaching, Bitdefender will he keep their promise nothing is less certain

• k70
    k70 ✭✭✭

Can confirm the widget is back for me,version is 25.0.14.58.

• The widget is a great UI enhancement but I'm even happier to see BitDef responding positively to customer feedback. That's a major product discriminator these days. I still regret the loss of file vault but I've replaced it with Veracrypt without major issues with my clients. On balance, congratulations and glad to be able to remain a long-standing BitDef customer.

• DimitrisG
    DimitrisG ✭✭
    edited February 2021

Thank you, it's OK!

• Hello,

I announce that I just got it this morning :)

Our good old Widget is finally back on a global scale

• My Widgy friend is back today.

Looks like a face lift has occurred but the companionship is great during COVID