How to stop bitdefender popups/notifications

Comments

• I got the same problem and I even uninstalled the program and I still get pop ups from a program that does not exist on my computer. The Bitdefender free VPN can be uninstalled but it leaves behind the garbage that drives everyone nuts. I am never buying this crap again.

• I have constant notifications (and I mean constant, one every five seconds, literally, and the bastards steal focus from whatever window you are typing in....) for 'suspicious connection blocked', which would be wonderfully useful, if there were actually some bloody details associated with it when clicking on 'More Details', but there isn't. The notifications section has an icon for 92 notifications, but there are absolutely none displaying in the notifications section, even when using the 'All' filter. I'm done with this program, after years of being happy enough with it, this last 12 months or so has had so many bugs introduced that it's actually a hinderance. I'm leaving this product and company when my subscription expires in 12 days.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member's

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com related to your issue since forum can only provide basic troubleshooting regarding a bitdefender product. The situation where the occurrence of a certain thing is continuous, that can only be resolved by the support team, since it may require intervention from development team also.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I unfortunately made the same mistake of installing Bitdefender and now as of Nov 23th, 2020 the unbearable notification issue is still not fixed. Uninstalled. Sad to lose another trusted AV. I see this issue started somewhere in June but what did you do, Bitdefender ? I thought you people were better than this.

• brycehazen
    edited November 2020

*logs into windows*

Bitdefender: "VPN?"

Me: "No. No bitdefender. Not today.. NOT ANY OF THE DAYS LAST WEEK OR LAST MONTH!!!! NOT TOMORROW OR THE NEXT DAY!!!"

*opens a webpage*

Bitdefender: "Safepay?"

Me: "No"

*opens a webpage*

Bitdefender: "Safepay?"

Me: "God dammit bitdefender, god dammit."

I had to uninstall it until this is fixed.

• That is what the switch is for. Deactivating it means you have to turn on corresponding profile manually whenever you use an application that needs the settings from that profile to be enabled. Disabling Activate Profiles Automatically may get rid of the notifications but it's inconvenient to have to do each manually. It's not viable for me.

• The only profile notification I get is for the Work Profile. There isn't really any application I can add to it that I might also be using while playing a game. Thus I leave Work Profile empty. After the first notification, I don't get it again until I reboot then I see it again when I go to use that application or any other that isn't in any other profile. When I open Bitdefender and go to profile settings the work profile will be set to manual while Activate Profiles Automatically is still set even after I previously set Work Profile from Manual to Automatic via the slider switch but only that profile. In fact the only profile I have configured is the Games Profile and I don't get notifications for the other ones even though I don't have them set. Something's wrong somewhere in the programming for the Bitdefender UI

• Here is a recording of 40 minutes of uninterruptable BitDefender popups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOJCtZlAQvk

• I was fed up with this software from the very beginning, its done nothing but give me troubles and its proven to be a terrible investment. its constantly spam notifies you about everything like an a little attentionwhoretoddler. it blocks everything i try to install so half of the software is turned off by now, it even blocks reputable sites because it had certain commercials on them that wouldnt affect me anyways xD it recommends scanning everything instead of just doing it! But do i accept it - no notification will tell me if it was okay or not!! Whats up with that!! x,D i mean wtf. notification hell, but not a useful notification?! I decided already within 2 week i didnt want this software, ive had it for 6 months now and im uninstalling it soon cause i cant handle it and you as a company obviously dont value your costumers opinions. Bitdefender youre nothing but a quick cash grab made to look good and overprotective so you can boast about the titles you win online and get consumers fooled. You are not a product made for better user experience while having a computer and you will earn shortly now but when people knows what you are, they'll look other places for online protection. Youre smart to ask for a whole year of price cause people will leave you after a month. I feel sorry for you. Its like a nagging ex girlfriend by this point :,D and no - i will not be trying to resolve any of my problems to continuously feed you, its not right to jump through hoops as a consumer to get a good product when its clearly what youre portraying as a company. Last time i checked - false advertisement is illigal, its called screwing people. You dont buy a new car only to go rebuild it before you can be comfortable driving it right=?! This comment is a service to all other potential buys, go get software thats manageable to actually have installed on your pc. *mic drop

• I will also not renew my license. This is simply annoying.

Thought it was a problem on my side. It's a common issue and it's being ignored by Bitdefender.

• I have 3 weeks left of my license. I will not renew.

Bitdefender has become nagware.

So long...

• I really have to hold back not to swear about the pop-up issues of your software!!!!

Bought it for my company and I am DEFINITELY not going to prolong it. How bad is your support, not to listen to your customers, those who pay your bills, and implement the option to change the pop up settings ourself! I use the working mode, so no need to freaking tell me, that I am using the work mode every half an hour, nor to tell me, that my network connection is not safe or give me constant pop ups to install your apps.

Bitdefender is intrusive and distracting! The only purchase in 2020 I truly regret!

• What also triggers me specially is that I start a game, this idiot program tells me about microphone usage and then blocks my GAME'S SCREEN! Let me disable ALL popups please. This is the only thing you can redeem BD with.

• Switched back to another software due to the lack of action from BD to resolve this issue. Very disappointed!

• Try this -

From Bitdefender's Dashboard go to settings -

Turn off Special Notifications and Recommendation Notifications

Go to Protection

Firewall Settings

Go to Settings and turn off Alert Mode

Restart the computer. Good luck.

• I am also not renewing my subscription. I have to switch antivirus because of annoying notifications. Why are you not using windows notifications at least we can disable them. Or at least provide a silent mode on Bitdefender. Infected web resource notification profile switch notification. They stay on screen for too long.

• Still no option to disable infected web resource and profile switch notifications.

• I cannot believe this complaint about the stupid profile popup is still going on after several months. It says something about how the company deals with customer needs. I bought a subscription only about a month ago but I am really thinking of stop using it because of this issue.

• I'm in the same situation NikMara and community. I'm thinking that the best fix is to remove it entirely. I'm also surprised that some people would try to blame COVID for the lack of customer support since many, if not most, companies these days use remote customer support already. I know that Norton was (is) a resource hog, but at least it left me alone to work. Right now, BD is the most annoying piece of software on my computer.

• I thought I would come back to Bitdefender after many years elsewhere. Dear gawd, this is awful. I cannot work with as the software is constantly telling me it's blocked a virus or changed the mode of working to suit the desktop environment. It feels like I'm over-run with malware and spyware. So, despite paying for it, it's coming out and I'm away back to Kasperksy which justr gets on with it. Sorry!

• Absolutely does not work as I can't even find such settings in my Anti-virus Plus! THE worst thing I have ever bouight this year.

• I am having the same issue, not with a large number of popups, just the "got your back message" whenever the computer starts up, even thought all message are disabled.

Its obvious that someone in marketing had the brilliant idea that this would be a great idea. Its not a bug, its obviously intentional. I also use this computer for business, and have no interest in software that is "needy" and has to constantly remind that its there for you.

I sent in a trouble ticket and will uninstall the software within 3 days if I do not hear back from Bitdefender. I do not expect to hear from them as this is obviously an intentional message. Being a little cyber paranoid, maybe its just a method to get you to send in a trouble ticket where they require you to check the box that sends them information...

• I'm also about to switch antivirus, sadly because I trust Bitdefender and used it for years...

I have a web server at home for work and everytime a robot post something on my developing platform, it trigger an Online Threat notification and I can receive thousands in a single day. This make me lose focus of the main window, so if I am typing it stop and I have to click to go back on my main window. I can't handle this anymore...

I don't want to disable the Online Threat Module because it does it job, but I wish it to do it in background without annoying me or without minimizing my games or main window.

Please add an option to turn OFF notifications.

Thanks

• Came here hoping to find solution to constant “blocked suspicion connection” during my flight. Realized how much I hate this software. Thanks all!

• ReligBookFreak
    edited December 2020

This is a problem with Bit Defender's interface with Windows. To turn off the notifications in Windows:

Go to Start -- Settings -- System -- Notifications & Actions -- Scroll down to turn off either ALL notifications OR just notifications from Bit Defender. This stops the constant “blocked suspicion connection” popup, but NOT the occasional Profile popup.

There are additional notification settings within Bit Defender itself.

-- Settings (Left Panel) -- General Tab: Turn OFF the following: Special Offers and Recommendation Notifications

-- Protection (Left Panel) -- Firewall -- Settings -- Settings tab: Turn OFF alert mode

• Bitdefender doesn't show up in the list of applications in "Notifications & Actions". I can't disable them from there.

Disabling 'ALL' Windows notifications is not really an acceptable option. Thanks for this suggestion...

• Yeah this renders my computer unusable which in turn makes Bitdefender a virus. I opened an email with a large number of images trying to load over https that don't have an SSL resulting in a complete freeze of my machine due to notification overload. Every notification must individually be closed. I've been clicking 100+ times to close these and if I reload this email to test changes, it starts all over again. I've tested turning off all notifications as previously mentioned in both general settings and protection>firewall>alerts. I still get this "insecure connection blocked" notification spamming my machine like a virus from the 90's. Fix your software Bitdefender... I don't know how you missed the mark and thought your notifications superseded user's needs.

• YESSS! This profile notifications is SUPER annoying.

• It's even worse than I thought. How unfortunate, as I have enjoyed Bitdefender for most of the past 5 years. When programs go over the top in features that end up distracting my focus, they defeat the purpose. I'm so disappointed that I purchased an extension of two years last Fall, as I am finding it to be counterproductive, moreso than past years.

Software needs to be unobtrusive, straightforward, streamlined. Farewell, Bitdefender. Too bad no refund for me...chalk it up to the "complicated must be better" mentality of software and operating systems.

• I still can't believe this thread is going... How have they not FIXED this yet?

• PMNYC
    PMNYC
    edited January 2021

I've had decided not to buy the product because of these pop-ups and the fact that BD does not even address the community concerns. Then I finally decided just to turn off the auto-profile feature. I figured out that I did not like the profiles anyway, and I can still turn them on manually if I want to. Why even have this feature honestly? No feature, no problem, LOL.

• Yeah, I'll not be renewing either. This is so lazy of them!

• The popups have been interrupting my presentations, even going so far as to freeze my ppt screen twice in the middle of presenting to clients. This is not just super annoying, it's affecting my business. Do something Bitdefender!

• Installed 2 days ago. 97 pop-up notifications in 1 hour. No help from Bitdefender. Even got 3 pop-ups opening the Chat on Bitdefender's own site. Had Bitdefender a few years ago with no problem. Cutting losses and going back to my old Free Antivirus and will assess where to go. Will try and recover purchase price but losing the money is better than sticking with it.

• Why email - you have all the info you need. I have the same issue. Notifications are off, I'm sitting in my pyjamas at home, and BitDefender has popups that interrupt what I'm doing to say that BitDefender is doing what I ****** told it to do. It's like an "everything is OK alarm" stupid, pointless, annoying.

Seriously, kill all the pop ups. Yesterday.

• I have two monitors on my computer. Open up word on one screen, get a pop up telling me bitdefender is in "work" mode. Switch my focus to a different program on another screen, get another pop up telling me bitdefender is no longer in "work" mode.

Seriously, I have no problem with the profiles feature, but the notification spam is incredibly annoying. I ended up switching off the profiles completely to avoid the notifications - and when a user is having to disable a feature entirely just to avoid the pop up spam then what's the bloody point of having the feature in the first place?

Sort it out Bitdefender, or I won't bother renewing.

• these companies like to pat themselves on the back for doing what we paid for, makes it seem like the program is always working for us, duh. In 2002 when I moved to WV there were signs around all road construction thanking Governor Wise for this construct blah blah blah, same BS. I'm sick of the pop-ups too. 30 yrs ago when internet and all first started one of the first utilities was pop-up and ad blocker and we're still fighting the issue in 2021.

• Let me add my voice to this too. I DON'T NEED TO BE TOLD EVERY DAY THAT I DON'T HAVE AN AV USAGE PROFILE SET-UP.

STOP IT.

IF ALL MY PROTECTION SETTINGS ARE ACTIVE, STOP RECOMMENDING THAT I SET UP A GAMING PROFILE.

100% UNECESSARY.

THIS UPDATE IS MAKING ME CONSIDER CANCELLING MY FAMILY LICENSES.

• I am actually having trouble typing this out due to the constant "Suspicious Connection Blocked" messages keep taking priority, talk about invasive.

I neither need or want to hear from any antivirus engine unless Windoze is on the thin ledge of epic disaster and AV has swooped in and saved everything.

Thanks for nothing, I'm off elsewhere for AV.

• Any news on this topic? I get notifications all the time, particularly when I use Outlook. I click on a spam and have a preview pane and as soon as I click on it to delete it, there is about 10 notifications for the one spam I clicked on... Then, 10 for the next one... It is never ending. I have taken a look at dozens of settings pages for notification options, did not find anything to turn it off. That is really annoying and is counterproductive.

Thanks!

• Yes that's gonna be it for me, couldn't get a minute of work done today without an interruption, this is literally insane, I'm uninstalling this malware garbage right now. What a joke!

• I have been getting this "work profile" popup as well and am so annoyed by it. Very disappointing to see that people have been complaining about it since at least June 2020, and it continues to happen. Only responses seem to be to send logs to the company. Are there not enough logs by now to have pushed out a resolution through an update?

• I just submitted this ticket. I hope they get the point:

Don't you ALERT hate it when you are trying to do ALERT work on a site you ALERT know is ALERT secure and there are constaALERTnt notifications that ALERT ALERT there are security issuesALERT? IALERTmean it canALERT get realALERTALERTALERTly annoying that youALERT have to clicALERTk back andALERTforth just to use a ALERTsite for 5 minALERTutes. I wisALERTh we could turnALERTALERToff notifications as they ALERT areALERTnoALERTt proALERTuctALERTALERTive at all.

TALERThALERTaALERTnALERTkALERTALERTALERTs.

• It's sad. As a student in informatics, I don't see any reason to not add a settings tab to the notifications page where you can toggle off all the different types of notifications. But you've made it unnecessarily hard and inaccessible by design to keep reminding the user that bitdefender is working in the background. One of the worst design choices I have ever seen while being a student in informatics.

If I find a better antivirus software, I'll make sure to keep everyone in this forum updated.

• This is daft. I liked BD, but I have had to uninstall.

• I can’t believe I just locked myself in for a year of this. I will have to uninstall this f#%X#*g malware and take the loss. 

When I couldn’t figure out how to shut off the notifications I googled it assuming I’d find a quick way to shut it off. No biggie. Instead I find this thread full of frustrated people who have tried everything and concluded that nothing works.

This is like ransomware. The only way to get rid of is to give up the year of service I just paid for.

Whoops, gotta go - I’m late for my new full-time job and life quest which is seeking out places on the internet where I can give Bitdefender bad ratings. Have a nice day.

• Bitdefender, are you blind? You're losing your customer base due to this issue and they will not return. Please disable the notificaiton-nightmare before you go out of business

• I keep having the same issue and switched to another antivirus product - this is just too annoying. BD would be out of business if they don't fix it soon...