Auto renewel verses renew.

I have an email that said my account is on auto renewel for $89.99 but if I click on renew in my program, I can renew it for $40 something. What is going on with the price? If that is the case, I'd be better off renewing it myself, right? Please help.

Comments

• MJX
    MJX ✭✭✭

I would hope as a return customer you would get the $40 dollars. As long as the description and the product is the same I would renew through the program. I am also up for renewal and I will not renew for a more expensive price than I originally purcashed the product.

• This is one reason I have have chosen not to Auto-renew. If I don't eventually get the offer of the same price being offered to new users, I would seriously consider changing to something different.

I got a notice saying my account was on auto renewal when it was not, and I was able to renew at the lower rate. Had to read beginning to end to be sure.

• Beware they have renewed at this really high price of 92.12 even though you check your account for this setting and email etc not to each year. I may have to cancel paypal to stop this. They also offered a fix but never follow through. I went through this three years in a row. it is a rip off imo.

• As a rule, I don't use Paypal unless it is a private «person to person» transaction. Bitdefender is associated/using 2checkout for their payments. You need to go to 2checkout and uncheck the auto-renewal box. To take full advantage of Bitdefender Promotions, you need to go to Bitdefender Central and open «My offers».

• davis
    davis
    edited February 2021

I went to 2checkout and was not in my Active account plus I asked they cancel this three years. I been on computers from the Dos days so I'm not new at this. The also say they will email before the renew which didn't happen.