Box 2 Subscription price vs. Netgear Armor?

I bought the Bitdefender Box 2 and am so far happy with it. However, today Netgear Armor was announced where you can buy a better router than what the Box 2 offers and get all the benefits of Bitdefender Box 2 with a subscription price of $70/year. What is up with that when your website shows the subscription price for Box 2 at $99/year?

Comments

• Does Bitdefender support respond on these forums?

• Michael_BD
    Michael_BD Technical Support Manager BD Staff

Hi,

NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender is a new cyber security solution available on selected NETGEAR routers, developed in partnership with Bitdefender. It actively detects and protects Internet-connected devices from cyber threats such as viruses, spyware, hackers, spam, and phishing. Similar to the 1st generation of Bitdefender BOX, it features vulnerability assessment, safe surfing & dynamic URL blocking, intelligent device management & alerts, and end point protection through Bitdefender Total Security.

It is convenient for customers who already own a compatible NETGEAR router, and are looking to protect their smart home environment against intrusions without purchasing another piece of equipment. For more information about this, you can visit https://www.bitdefender.com/netgear/

• On 1/19/2018 at 10:05 AM, Michael Bitdefender BOX said:

Hi,

NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender is a new cyber security solution available on selected NETGEAR routers, developed in partnership with Bitdefender. It actively detects and protects Internet-connected devices from cyber threats such as viruses, spyware, hackers, spam, and phishing. Similar to the 1st generation of Bitdefender BOX, it features vulnerability assessment, safe surfing & dynamic URL blocking, intelligent device management & alerts, and end point protection through Bitdefender Total Security.

It is convenient for customers who already own a compatible NETGEAR router, and are looking to protect their smart home environment against intrusions without purchasing another piece of equipment. For more information about this, you can visit https://www.bitdefender.com/netgear/

Can you tell me what is the difference between this and what the box v2 offers? I am wondering why I spend all this money on the box v2 when the netgear option would be more expensive up front but cheaper down the road.

• Michael_BD

BOX 2 has some new security features like Exploit prevention, Anomaly detection, Sensitive data protection, Brute-Force prevention that aren't yet implemented into NETGEAR routers but will be at a latter time. Also, not all NETGEAR routers will have BOX technology embedded into them, only a selected range.

• OK, thank you for the clarification. I would hope Bitdefender either increases the subscription for NetGear customers when those feature are applied or Box v2 customers get a price match discount.

• Is the Nighthawk R7000P only router supported?

• Michael_BD

Hi Stu, for now yes but others will soon follow.

• Michael

Thank you for the reply, i really wish you can integrate with untangle or opnsense firewall.

• Any updates on this?

• My Netgear RAX120 has Netgear Armor. But, when I went to renew I renewed Bitdefender Total Security thinking it was tied in with Netgear. Now I see that my Bitdefender subscription only covers 10 devices. Is my Netgear Armor still working? Or should I buy Bitdefender Box 2 so ensure I am covered by hardware and software and leave Netgear Armor alone. If I were to get a different router that did not have Netgear Armor, would having Box 2 give me the same protection as Netgear Armor? Only other thing I know to do since I bought a Bitdefender Total Security subscription accicentally vs. Netgear Armor, should I buy a new Netgear Armor subscription also. Or should I just by a Bitdefender Box 2 instead. And would I basically have the same protection as if I were using Netgear Armor. I do not feel like if I bought my new subscription via Bitdefender that my router is even protecting me anymore. Can you please guide me on what to do now????. My cams and other devices may not be protected now. I do know I am getting DOS attacks on my Sony Blue Ray player. They keep hitting it until it locks it up. It usually takes several days. But , I know thats what causes it to lock up. I can see this in Bitdefenders information. Also, how many years has Box 2 been out for sale to the public? Is there maybe a Box 3 on the horizon that I should wait for?

Worse financial case scenario is to ensure I have Net Armor via renewing it as well??? When I log in to my RAX120 it states that Netgear Armor is ACTIVE. Will it remain active with the Bitdefender subscription. or do I by Box 2 or go ahead and lose out by buying the Netgear Armor subscription again even though I just bought Total Security from Bitdefender....I see it only protects 10 devices. I think I messed up and now I need guidance and/or information to ENSURE i have HARDWARE protection and SOFTWARE protection. Surely, you all have seen someone do this in the past PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Thank you!

Regards,

Tracy Verlin

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query .They will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks Flexx,

Bitdefender support did respond. It appears I have both Bitdefender and Net Armor. They are advising me to move my things over to the Net Armor account and if the router does not show up I am to show them a screenshot and they will register the router back to Net Armor. I did not get any response on Box 2. I imagine because my Netgear RAX120 has the same hardware protection. They say to use the Bitdefender account for Bitdefender Digital Identity Protection since I obviously purchased both.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Since support for bitdefender BOX is limited on forum, kindly contact the bitdefender box team directly via https://www.bitdefender.com/box/support/

They have both online forum & chat support which will help resolve your query at earliest.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)