My Devices not showing up correctly in Bitdefender Central

WN143
WN143
edited August 2023 in Central & Subscriptions

I'm having issues with Bitdefender Central. My devices, three in particular, are constantly replacing each other in Bitdefender Central. I have checked their physical addresses (MAC addresses), uninstalled Bitdefender, re-installed Bitdefender, but the problem is still there. It seems that the device most recently logged on is the one that shows up and the others don't appear in "My Devices" on Bitdefender Central. All three of these particular devices are Windows notebook computers. All my other devices show up correctly, but these three only show up in one slot with names changing depending on log-in status. This seems to be a relatively new occurrence for me.

I have already done all of the troubleshooting, IP addresses checking, uninstalls and re-installs as suggested by the tech support article.

Not sure if this helps you on your end, but the three computers that keep replacing themselves in the “My Devices” list are all Microsoft Surface computers. At any one point in time, only one of those three computers shows up in that “My Devices” list. It appears that the most recently active (on-line) device is the one that shows up in the list.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly drop a mail to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query. They will reply asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I am having the same issue. The other devices are showing, but not a particular one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and have the same problem. The only difference is that this device is running Mac OS Big Sur and the rest are not.

• My wife upgraded het mobile phone. Old and new phone is Samsung and Bitdefender was installed and active in her old phone. SIM card was removed from old phone and placed in new phone retaining her mobile number . I, as the Bitdefender account holder, installed Bitdefender on the new phone using my sign in and password. Will this be sufficient in order for Bitdefender to function 100% on her new mobile phone? Please confirm and/or advise the process to be followed if I made an error ? 

• BitDefender Central.....I choose Allow only necessary cookies.

My initial installation no problem.

1) Bitdefender (purchased on-line) shows 1/5 devices installed on Bitdefender Central. The remainder at risk.

2) Add a device a) choose a product 2) total security 3) this device 4) open file 5) installation file

3) This download appears (13.4mb) with "Allow Changes to your device" YES

Then into the same loop again as nothing happens. Same email and password.

What is happening? This subscription pays for 5 devices. BTW, the bitdefender icon shows on one secondary device as well as showing it as safe. So, which is it?? This secondary device does NOT APPEAR IN WINDOWS CENTRAL and shows as AT RISK???? Again, which is it?

• Hi @StephH

I have noticed that your Total Security subscription covers only a Windows device at the moment and you should have 4 remaining slots available for protection.

If you have already installed protection on one device and wish to cover other devices, go to Central and click Install Bitdefender on a new device. You can find detailed steps on how to do this in the article below (scroll down to the relevant steps):

After installing it on all required devices, make sure that Bitdefender is linked with the Central account where the Total Security subscription is active. I have seen cases where the users had two Central accounts and the devices were split, not all of them were covered by the same subscription in the same Central account. To check this, follow the instruction displayed in the link below:

You can also remove the device that appears at risk and restart the installation process.

Let us know if this was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I'm also having the same issue but Bitdefender Central and the web portal is saying I have the subscription installed on 4 devices, all of which are the same device (my phone). When I try to delete one, it just reappears and never goes away. I'm paying for 5 licenses, but 4 of them are being taken up by 1 device? Help please!

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices, your payments/purchases and/or your subscription(s).

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

• Hello,

This doesn't sound right and I would also advise to contact the Support teams for troubleshooting.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user