Installing Bitdefender VPN requires I uninstall Bitdefender antivirus

Hey .. just tested the waters and upgraded to VPN .. or so I thought. I thought it would be an extra feature on top of my current product.. However, the install required I removed the old product. I then though ok.. it just reinstalls everything.. However Now I find that my normal scan protection is Not installed and VPN doesn't have the same interface.. Hence I don't know What I'm protected against. Can anyone clarify?

Comments

• I am having the same issue!

• Hey, having same problem here. Is these two features not compatible? Have someone found an answer to this issue?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member,

Kindly share the screenshot of error & the uninstallation command reported by the bitdefender VPN software for bitdefender antivirus. Additionally which product are you using. Are you using the VPN which is available in bitdefender internet security/ bitdefender total security or a standalone bitdefender premium VPN software.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Running Bitdefender Total Security, Upgraded to VPN Premium, encountered same issue that VPN install software wants to uninstall both VPN and Antivirus to continue. Any solutions, Thanks, Stuart
  • SAME ISSUE HERE