How to Permanently Add Firefox as Safe

I have Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. Whenever I try to download a file on Firefox, I get told I can't download files because I previously blocked the application from [doing something]. I don't remember blocking it from doing anything, but it's entirely possibly I or my wife did something without realising.

I can fix this temporarily by going to Protected Files->Application Process and adding Firefox as an exception by changing BLOCKED to ALLOWED.

However, every few hours this resets and I have to go through it all again.

Is there a way to add Firefox as a permanent exception to allow downloads to come through smoothly again?

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Try resetting the firefox browser to default settings and then check if the issue persists again.

Resetting firefox to default settings : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I have the exact same problem on my Mac, however the proposed answer to "reset Firefox to default settings" is not acceptable. I have Firefox set up EXACTLY the way I want it - it's working fine. The problem is Bitdefender. We need a way in Bitdefender to either turn this feature off all together or Bitdefender needs to retain the settings once we deem Firefox as an "Allowed" application. This is beginning to be a real pain and I am keeping FireFox as it is, but if this isn't resolved soon by Bitdefender, I'll be removing it from all my devices and I won't be renewing my subscription.