Web Protection and VPN

Tankerman10
edited February 2023 in Mobile Security

I've just installed Bitdefender Total Security on my Windows PC and the Mobile Security app on my iPad. Web protection on the iPad wants to turn on VPN but I dont want to enable the Bitdefender one as I already use NordVPN. Can web protection work with Nord?

Comments

• Same question but concerning Express VPN, which is my preferred VPN.

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

What is Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS?

Online activities such as paying bills, making holiday reservations, or buying goods and services are convenient and hassle-free. However, there are certain risks involved and, if security details are ignored, personal data may be hacked.

Bitdefender Mobile Security for iOS allows you to check if any leakage has occurred in your online accounts using the Account Privacy feature.

When you enable Web Protection for the first time, you may be prompted to allow Bitdefender to configure VPN configurations that will monitor network traffic. Click "Allow" to continue.

The VPN service included with Bitdefender TS is limited to 200 MB per device per day. Whether or not Bitdefender VPN is used in the future is up to you.

note

Web Security and VPN cannot work at the same time. Once one of them is enabled, the other (if active at the time) will be disabled. Therefore, this behavior is not dysfunctional. Web protection and VPN are two features designed for different purposes, the first to keep you safe while browsing, and the second to keep you anonymous online.

Another VPN can be easily used on iOS, but Bitdefender Mobile Security may not work together, and neither does its built-in VPN.

• This still seems odd to me, to build something that offers people either protection or anonymity. Never both at the same time.

• from my point of view, this is dysfunctional.

Web Security and VPN cannot work at the same time. Once one of them is enabled, the other (if active at the time) will be disabled. Therefore, this behavior is dysfunctional. Web protection and VPN are two features designed for different purposes. But with Bitdefender Web Protection, I cannot have both at the same time.

• This is currently what Bitdefender has officially posted on their support section:

It's clear this feature is dysfunctional by ALL perspective that are conducive to the main fundamental goal of any application. If two features with different functionalities used to fulfill different sets of requirements, why are they interdependent, let alone that using one will prevent you from using the other?

You are deliberately creating a gap in the users protection. Isn't protection and security the primary requirement in the functional design of ALL your applications? I would imagine it's the first item listed in your BRD.

• That’s just a garbage answer. I guess I’m canceling this app and going with another company.