Pegasus spyware

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Pegasus is not a new malware. Bitdefender does detect the old version of pegasus malware but as far as the new version of pegasus is currently being circulated, less information is known whether it is really detected by bitdefender or not. A support ticket has already been registered to get the information from the malware research team. As soon as the information will be available, the post will be updated.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I too would like to know if Bit defender can detect & protect against the Pegasus spyware infecting phones?

• Yes I also wish to know if my Bitdefender Mobile Security............ will detect, block and remove Pegasus?

Pegasus is a threat to Bitdefender users an invasion of our privacy on our phones..... Pegasus seems to have ben sold to many active attackers.

Pegasus also seems to have been adapted to discharge it s payload via more subtle methods avoiding the need for the phone user to have to click an executable.

Please update as soon as Bitdefender has modified its defence for us ...against Pegasus.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

As per the latest update, the new pegasus variant is detected by bitdefender.

More information : https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1775/

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I also want to know if bitdefender can detect and remove pegasus from root.