Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Terminal commands always prompt for access

Options

New bug in 7.x, when I exit a terminal window (iTerm or built in Terminal) BitDefender prompts me with a Safe Files warning dialog (first screen shot). It won't let me permanently trust this action. All I can do is trust for 5 minutes, trust once, or block forever. It also does this at times when I do simple commands like 'cp' or 'rmdir' in my home folder. My home folder is the only item in the Safe Files section.

See second screen shot for the trust levels on the programs I mentioned found under Manage Applications.

This is driving me nuts! It used to work just fine. The problem started after upgrading to 7.x.

Details:

Mac El Capitan version 10.11.6.

BidDefender Antivirus for Mac Version 7.1.0.6

Maybe I should uninstall and reinstall? When I did that last month it kept all my settings in terms of trusted apps so I suspect it was not a complete uninstall.  How do I completely remove it from my system (including saved settings) and reinstall from scratch?

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 1.03.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-04 at 1.05.34 PM.png

Comments

• Stefan I.
    Options

Hello,

Before trying a clean re-install please try to remove the existing allowed entries for this process and re-add them, then restart:

- click on the black Bitdefender icon from the Menu Bar and go to Preferences-->Safe Files

- click on Manage Applications

- remove bash by clicking on the - button and then OK

- reopen Manage Applications a third time, add bash, set it to Allowed and click OK

- restart your Mac and then check if the previously reported behavior persists

Thanks!

• Did you get a resolution to this? I just got the same prompt from Bit defender and also frustrated that there is no way to trust an application permanently. For instance I use parallels access to remotely connect to my computer but cannot approve it permanently. Bit defender keeps sending notification that it is still blocked. Very frustrating.