Stuck during scan

2»

Comments

• Hello everyone,

I am having a very similar problem. Running bitdefender on my Mac - late 2013 IMac 27". Full system scan is running for the first time, but it gets stuck at a bunch of system files, private/var/folders/lp/...... No idea why, no threats have been isolated and the machine is running fine otherwise. Any thoughts are very welcome. I have considered trying to find the private/var files and manually deleting them but I;m pretty sure that's a bad idea.

• This is an old thread but I have just renewed my Bitdefender subscription for another year and have the same problem as above. Scan is hanging fire. Was this ever really fixed ?
  • Software is v disappointing - prob 20% of the time I go for a Scan (quick/full) is gets Stuck ('imac/Users/Library/Application Support' folder). Poor experience.

Usual Customer response - Uninstall all the software, insall all the software (like it's 1996 again). Disappointing the software doesnt wo

• Software is v disappointing - prob 20% of the time I go for a Scan (quick/full) is gets Stuck ('imac/Users/Library/Application Support' folder). Poor experience.

Usual Customer response - "Uninstall all the software, insall all the software" (like it's 1996 again!).

Disappointing the software doesnt work properly.

• My laptop did this today. Looking for a why did this happen. Turn Off then, back on bcz system completely froze up. Am trying again to see if it happens again.
  • I have same issue, I have an Acer laptop aspire VX15 (has i7 cpu with 16 gigs of ram), the system freezes up after about always 20 min into the scan, I can still move the mouse curser but nothing responds when I click on it and even Ctrl Alt Del does nothing, only option is to do a hard reset (the scan does sometimes complete without issue but it freezes my system more times then it successfully scans).

I bought total security in June for 3 years but only have the issue a couple of days now, scanner worked without issues before so it's unlikely that it's an issue with my laptop; maybe a bug in the latest version of bitdefender?

Could you guys from bitdefender please let us know if you are aware of this and if there is a workaround until you fixed the issue?

• Hello, I am running Big Sur 11.6. I'm now experiencing the scan getting stuck (I run a quick scan). Once it gets stuck, if I cancel the scan and rerun the quick scan, it runs through smoothly to the end. This happens when I haven't run a scan in a while (say, a few days), or if I reboot the machine and then try to run the quick scan.