How long does a full scan take?

I'm new to Bitdefender.....and doing a full system scan for the 1st time.  its not even a quarter completed with approximately 700,000 scanned files so far and it is almost 3hrs 45 mins. isn't this excessive? all i use my iMac is for music,photos and internet...its not like i use it for work or any heavy duty stuff. 

my question to the forum is-- how long does it take for your full system scan and does it take this long with every full system scan?

Comments

• Hello,

It all depends on the files, if there are many little files (music pictures etc) the product will scan them individually and will take some time to finish.

After a full system scan the product will know what files were scanned and what files underwent changes and will only scan new files and modified ones to reduce time.

Do not let the MAC fall asleep, the scan will stop and will continue when its woken up. Bitdefender cannot wake the MAC.

• ok...it took about 5-6 hrs...found and took care of 21 viruses/bad files

• Well, it depends on the speed of the system.  Defragmentation is a good option with hard drives. A quick scan is what I suggest

• My Scan is ridiculous in time. I have a new windows 10 build. I have Nord VPN and Think or swim loaded. No other apps or files loaded except windows 10 and anything microsoft 10 loaded. I am at I am at 16:36:20 and 659,345 files and still working. What gives?????

• Not any more!! My scans on MacOS were about 5mins but each scan since updating to Monterey is now between 40 - 60mins.And for some reason it's now started scanning Time Machine backups too. I posted a tweet, sent an email, (as requested), and......waiting.....for Support to...support! 🤨

• Agreed with DoubleG. My system scans took 15 minutes or so with macOS Big Sur. With macOS Monterey, incomplete after a full day. Have queried this with Bitdefender in a survey - no reply yet.

• Agreed with DoubleG. My system scans took 15 minutes or so with macOS Big Sur. With macOS Monterey, incomplete after a full day.

Have queried this with Bitdefender in a survey - no reply yet.