Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Problems

Options

I bought the product yesterday and activated Safepay...then the problems started. The screen freezes when I try to enter eBay or my online banking, or I lose the desktop theme. All in all nothing but problems. There is nothing on the support pages for solving these problems, other than "old" or "unresolved" issues ! if I had known there would be this problem, I would not have bothered.

How can I de-activate Safepay?, otherthan de-installing Bitdfender and geting a refund via Paypal?

Comments

• I bought the product yesterday and activated Safepay...then the problems started. The screen freezes when I try to enter eBay or my online banking, or I lose the desktop theme. All in all nothing but problems. There is nothing on the support pages for solving these problems, other than "old" or "unresolved" issues ! if I had known there would be this problem, I would not have bothered.

How can I de-activate Safepay?, otherthan de-installing Bitdfender and geting a refund via Paypal?

If I uninstall Bitdefender, then re-install do I get the same option to activate Safepay again?

Any help re this greatly apreciated.

• If I uninstall Bitdefender, then re-install do I get the same option to activate Safepay again?

Any help re this greatly apreciated.

I have managed to de-activate it myself after going into the settings part of the program once it had loaded onto my internet banking.

Now, so I know never to activate it again. How does a user activate Safepay?

Again, serious lack of information on how to activate/de-activate this feature.

• I have managed to de-activate it myself after going into the settings part of the program once it had loaded onto my internet banking.

Now, so I know never to activate it again. How does a user activate Safepay?

Again, serious lack of information on how to activate/de-activate this feature.

Following unresolved problems and lack of responses concerning this product, I have uninstalled it from my PC (XP) in favour of free Avast at the moment. I have however put Bitdefender on my laptop. No problems there (Vista), however, still no trace of the Safepay desktop icon, or any mention of it in the main menu list.

Does Safepay appear on everyyone elses screen?

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Following unresolved problems and lack of responses concerning this product, I have uninstalled it from my PC (XP) in favour of free Avast at the moment. I have however put Bitdefender on my laptop. No problems there (Vista), however, still no trace of the Safepay desktop icon, or any mention of it in the main menu list.

Does Safepay appear on everyyone elses screen?

Activation/deactivation of Safepay is done opening Safepay > Settings. You can choose between a) automatic B) ask me c) do not use.

As for main screen, Safepay does not have options there, that's true. If you think it would be good to have these settings also in the main screen, please post a feature request (or a reply here) and I'll forward to product manager - if she approves we'll do it.

For the other problems, can you tell me more details?

For example, wallpaper is changed using Windows functions (no hand-made tricks for this one). Did you closed Safepay normally or there was a crash?

Regards,

Cristian

• I am also having problems with safepay. I do have it turned off within it's settings. Nevertheless, it will pop up from time to time without request. Also, it will be there to meet me when I come back to the computer after being away for a while.

I don't like and will probably never use it.

I have just converted bitdefender internet 2012 to 2013.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• I am also having problems with safepay. I do have it turned off within it's settings. Nevertheless, it will pop up from time to time without request. Also, it will be there to meet me when I come back to the computer after being away for a while.

I don't like and will probably never use it.

I have just converted bitdefender internet 2012 to 2013.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ok, not at all happy with Safepay. Comes up randomly and requires a "close" to recover previous screen (whatever). Also comes up at boot and again requires a "close".

I have removed Bitdefender 2013 with great difficulty as you now require a special removal tool just for 2013. In any case, it's done and I've reloaded 2012. Only problem with that is, as in the past, at boot, a screen splash appears telling me not all files were checked and I may send same to bitdefender for research. I can live with this because it's only at boot. Nevertheless, the screen splash should not be there. In my way of thinking, virus protection should be seamless, and non obtrusive. Additionally, when I have issues, methods other than "forum" should be available for resolution.

I have 100+ days left on this product, after which I will research an alternative.

Neil Hall

• camarie
    Options
    Ok, not at all happy with Safepay. Comes up randomly and requires a "close" to recover previous screen (whatever). Also comes up at boot and again requires a "close".

I have removed Bitdefender 2013 with great difficulty as you now require a special removal tool just for 2013. In any case, it's done and I've reloaded 2012. Only problem with that is, as in the past, at boot, a screen splash appears telling me not all files were checked and I may send same to bitdefender for research. I can live with this because it's only at boot. Nevertheless, the screen splash should not be there. In my way of thinking, virus protection should be seamless, and non obtrusive. Additionally, when I have issues, methods other than "forum" should be available for resolution.

I have 100+ days left on this product, after which I will research an alternative.

Neil Hall

Safepay does not come up randomly; it is launched only when a) a program does http traffic to a banking website (usually browser) and B) you have Safepay set to automatically open on detecting bank websites.

Also, I don't think it comes up at boot time since there is no banking traffic, or I did understand something wrong?

As about files check, virus protection and like - this have nothing to do with Safepay.

What I am suggesting you is to take a few moments and explain me from the start what happens. Can you tell me such a scenario (like "i start the computer, i am logging on, then happens this and I don't want it to happen"), or more, so I can help you - or redirect to someone else who can, if it's not about Safepay - to make it better?

Regards,

Cristian

• Safepay does not come up randomly; it is launched only when a) a program does http traffic to a banking website (usually browser) and B) you have Safepay set to automatically open on detecting bank websites.

Also, I don't think it comes up at boot time since there is no banking traffic, or I did understand something wrong?

As about files check, virus protection and like - this have nothing to do with Safepay.

What I am suggesting you is to take a few moments and explain me from the start what happens. Can you tell me such a scenario (like "i start the computer, i am logging on, then happens this and I don't want it to happen"), or more, so I can help you - or redirect to someone else who can, if it's not about Safepay - to make it better?

Regards,

Cristian

Cristian,

I am somewhat computer literate and the problems I've described did exist after replacing Bitdefender Internet Protection 2012 with 2013. These issues did arise after I had turned off "Safepay" within the program. As I recall, 3 choices were give and I chose the option that did not invoke "Safepay" under any circumstance. The following did happen:

1) At boot, a black screen would come up with Safepay in the middle. Safepay fields were not populated. It required me to close the screen (click X upper right) to continue with boot. Keep in mind that while booting, an internet connection is not available, therefore, no banking web site. I define "boot" as either "restart" or "power up" from off. I can't remember if the screen appeared after or before "log in" but it was after system diagnostics.

2) From time to time (random) safepay did appear on the screen in the same format as enumerated in #1 above, again requiring me to close the screen. Never was I on a banking website.

3) With reference to "As about files check, virus protection and like - this have nothing to do with Safepay.", yes it does. While using 2012 at boot, I do get a screen splash from Bitdefender telling me that some files were not checked and would I like to send a report to Bitdefender. I select "no" and continue with the boot. This only happens with 2012. Bitdefender 2013 presents it's own set of problems as listed above.

As previously noted, I am back with 2012 and will live with issue #3 as I usually leave the computer on 24/7.

Thank You

• camarie
    Options
    Cristian,

I am somewhat computer literate and the problems I've described did exist after replacing Bitdefender Internet Protection 2012 with 2013. These issues did arise after I had turned off "Safepay" within the program. As I recall, 3 choices were give and I chose the option that did not invoke "Safepay" under any circumstance. The following did happen:

1) At boot, a black screen would come up with Safepay in the middle. Safepay fields were not populated. It required me to close the screen (click X upper right) to continue with boot. Keep in mind that while booting, an internet connection is not available, therefore, no banking web site. I define "boot" as either "restart" or "power up" from off. I can't remember if the screen appeared after or before "log in" but it was after system diagnostics.

2) From time to time (random) safepay did appear on the screen in the same format as enumerated in #1 above, again requiring me to close the screen. Never was I on a banking website.

3) With reference to "As about files check, virus protection and like - this have nothing to do with Safepay.", yes it does. While using 2012 at boot, I do get a screen splash from Bitdefender telling me that some files were not checked and would I like to send a report to Bitdefender. I select "no" and continue with the boot. This only happens with 2012. Bitdefender 2013 presents it's own set of problems as listed above.

As previously noted, I am back with 2012 and will live with issue #3 as I usually leave the computer on 24/7.

Thank You

1. Safepay is an user mode program. It cannot appear during the boot sequence, because this executes only kernel mode programs. The user session is not even established until you are logging on (usually with a logon dialog using Ctrl-Alt-Del, automatic logon). Safepay can be launched in 3 ways only:

a) automatically by user setting, if a banking (or favorite) website domain is browsed *and* in Safepay settings the option is set to Automatically open. This is the most common way. Keep in mind that you can have some other program that does this browsing for you, either a startup program (such a browser which opens a number of pages) or even a malware that generates http traffic.

B) automatically by the system, if set by the user to run at startup

c) manually, either by using the desktop icon, or if Safepay settings are on Ask me every time and http traffic is generated to a banking website.

Is there any of these possibilities close to the behavior you are seeing?

2) The "random" behavior can occur also when you navigate, say, to a finance website which have embedded http from a banking website. So one can open a browser to finance.yahoo.com, for example - obviously not a banking site - but in one of navigated pages there is a frame document from citibank.com. This traffic generates a navigation event which is indeed identified as a banking website, which can be an explanation of that.

3) I wrote Safepay, and I can guarantee there is no system file check, virus protection or so in Safepay; Safepay is basically a hardened browser.

Maybe you are seeing something from another component, say Setup, Update, a crash etc. which can be legitimate indeed, only not related to Safepay functionality.

I am not sure I can offer the exact help you need to identify what happens (I am just a developer which can explain you how it works and why).

Perhaps a support engineer would be a better help?

Regards,

Cristian

• I have totally had it with Safepay. If there is not a REAL solution to it I would like my money back and will never purchase Safepay or Bitdefender again. The simple solutions (Settings) does not work. How do I dsable? I see nothing but complicated bizarre answers -- I want it off my computer. It is horribly annoying. Can someone help me? I WANT IT OFF MY MACHINE NOW !!!!!!

• camarie
    Options
    I have totally had it with Safepay. If there is not a REAL solution to it I would like my money back and will never purchase Safepay or Bitdefender again. The simple solutions (Settings) does not work. How do I dsable? I see nothing but complicated bizarre answers -- I want it off my computer. It is horribly annoying. Can someone help me? I WANT IT OFF MY MACHINE NOW !!!!!!

Yes, there is. Open Safepay, go in Settings, set it to Do not use and that is it.

Did you tried this and does not work?

Cristian

• Diggy
    Options

Just bought BitDefender and used Safepay. It is very clunky and frustration to say the least. I constantly have to switch back and forth between safepay and other windows when paying my bills. There is zero password support. Some websites constantly freeze when using Safepay. Bookmark is a good feature but it also has problems. There is not a quick bookmark process. What a frustrating experience. I give Safepay 4 out of 10. I would give Safepay 3 out of 10 but I like other bitdefender items.