Bitdefender Total Security limiting download speed

I get 550 Megabit download speeds on my server with Windows Defender installed.

On my desktop PC with Bitdefender Total Security I am getting 424 Megabits.

I installed Open Speed Test on a server on my local network to test across the network. 328Mbps download 969.7 Mbps upload.

I noticed bdservicehost.exe using 15% cpu when running a speed test so I uninstalled Bitdefender and rebooted.

I ran the internet speed test again and was getting 550 Megabit download speed on my desktop.

I ran the local speed test and was getting 970Mps+ both directions.

I re-installed Bitdefender and my internet download speed again dropped to <430 Megabit.

I have tried turning various features off but the only thing that restores my full download speed is to uninstall Bit Defender.

I paid good money for this software and am very disappointed that it is cutting my bandwidth by 20%

Is there something I can adjust or disable in the software to maximize my download speed?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    > @BigT said:
    > I get 550 Megabit download speeds on my server with Windows Defender installed.
    > On my desktop PC with Bitdefender Total Security I am getting 424 Megabits.
    > I installed Open Speed Test on a server on my local network to test across the network. 328Mbps download 969.7 Mbps upload.
    > I noticed bdservicehost.exe using 15% cpu when running a speed test so I uninstalled Bitdefender and rebooted.
    > I ran the internet speed test again and was getting 550 Megabit download speed on my desktop.
    > I ran the local speed test and was getting 970Mps+ both directions.
    > I re-installed Bitdefender and my internet download speed again dropped to <430 Megabit.
    > I have tried turning various features off but the only thing that restores my full download speed is to uninstall Bit Defender.
    >
    > I paid good money for this software and am very disappointed that it is cutting my bandwidth by 20%
    > Is there something I can adjust or disable in the software to maximize my download speed?

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query .They will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)