Trojan.generic.8438384

liznola
edited January 2022 in General Topics
Hi, New to Bitdefender and so far very impressed. The initial full scan found and mostly deleted over 200 threats on my Mac that another big anti-virus company never caught! But there are now 24 threats that couldn't be resolved and your input would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the specific Trojan.generic number (8438384) to no avail.A sample of most files read: Users/xxx/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Message Sources/...... I read somewhere that if it has Microsoft in the message it is a false positive. I no longer use this product-it isn't even activated on my Mac after an upgrade to Sierra. Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    > @liznola said:
    > Hi, New to Bitdefender and so far very impressed. The initial full scan found and mostly deleted over 200 threats on my Mac that another big anti-virus company never caught! But there are now 24 threats that couldn't be resolved and your input would be greatly appreciated. I've searched the specific Trojan.generic number (8438384) to no avail.A sample of most files read: Users/xxx/Documents/Microsoft User Data/Office 2011 Identities/Main Identity/Data Records/Message Sources/...... I read somewhere that if it has Microsoft in the message it is a false positive. I no longer use this product-it isn't even activated on my Mac after an upgrade to Sierra. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi Member

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query .They will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I recently posted in another thread about a virus that was found on my client's workstation. I don't believe it had to do with what followed however I'm still investigating. Someone sent an email from his email address to names in his contac

Could I contact bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding the following threat detected?

Threat location: C:\ProgramData\ZING\BcByz\mrmrki.asp

Threat Name: Generic.WebShell.X.3CAB5A63

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

I guess the malware has been detected by bitdefender, what else do you need help with.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)