My premium VPN account still has 200MB limit, how can I fix this?

diggydog
edited January 2022 in VPN
My VPN keeps cutting out with a message saying "You have used your daily 0 MB of secure traffic. Upgrade and forget about restrictions."

My account is premium, I have uninstalled, deleted any remaining files, downloaded new software, reinstalled and still have same problem. Using Mac OS.

Running out of patience now, any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• Hi @diggydog , I've taken your request to the support team directly. We'll check and revert to you.

cheers,
    Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• > @diggydog said:
    > My VPN keeps cutting out with a message saying "You have used your daily 0 MB of secure traffic. Upgrade and forget about restrictions."
    >
    > My account is premium, I have uninstalled, deleted any remaining files, downloaded new software, reinstalled and still have same problem. Using Mac OS.
    >
    > Running out of patience now, any help would be appreciated.

We've checked, on the user name you have indeed UNLIMITED. Do you have the same credentials as the ones you have in your purchase order?

cheers,
    Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Thanks Mike,

The credentials used are the same as the ones on my account. If i click on vpn settings / account i can see my subscription is premium and i have 293 days remaining.

I get disconnected within minutes of connecting and the notification detailed earlier appears.

I have just tried the same using android app and seems to work fine but having problems with ios app on ipad.

Appreciate the help

• Thanks Mike,

The credentials used are the same as the ones on my account. If i click on vpn settings / account i can see my subscription is premium and i have 293 days remaining.

I get disconnected within minutes of connecting and the notification detailed earlier appears.

I have just tried the same using android app and seems to work fine but having problems with ios app on ipad.

Appreciate the help

• Ah, so there are some glitches OS related. Let us know if you got to the end of them.

cheers,

Mike

• A new day begins and I can say that the IOS app the iPad is working OK however despite another 2 uninstalls, deleting files and reinstalling the Bitdefender suite on Mac OS the problem remains. It thought I was reaching the 200mb daily limit but can confirm the vpn is disconnecting within a minute or so of establishing a connection.

It has to be something simple, maybe a file that need removing, if it is then I have not yet found it.

• I have exactly the same issue on my Android smartphone, and on my Android tablet. The connection drops with the message "You used your daily 200MB of secure traffic. Upgrade and forget about restrictions."

In the app, the subscription states "Bitdefender Premium VPN". (FYI. I'm also running Bitdefender Security on my device.)

• Hello @mrPetrovic ,

What you say is that although you have VPN Premium, connection drops after 200mb on both devices?

thanks,

Mike

• Yes @Mike_BD!

In Settings, the "Bitdefender Preminium VPN" is listed as the subscription.

I start a connection, and after some time I get a "disconnecting" status. A notification lists "You used your daily 200MB of secure traffic. Upgrade and forget about restrictions."

I tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the app, ensuring the app doesn't go to sleep. It always drops the connection.

• Yes @Mike_BD!

In Settings, the "Bitdefender Preminium VPN" is listed as the subscription.

I start a connection, and after some time I get a "disconnecting" status. A notification lists "You used your daily 200MB of secure traffic. Upgrade and forget about restrictions."

I tried clearing the cache, reinstalling and even ensured the app never ran in sleep mode. This didn't change anything. I still get disconnected.

• OK, clear. Might be a de-sync issue between our subscription and our partner - we're checking this with them and I'll personally revert back to you.

cheers,

Mike

• Hi @diggydog ,

You'll be contacted by my colleagues from Support and they'll take over, to reach a positive resolution on your issue.

cheers,

Mike

• Silveseas71
    edited October 2022

I don't know what scam Bitdefender is running. I paid $69.99 (10/28/2022) for Premium VPN and it's saying 200mb limit. I'll have to see about getting my money back.

I'll definitely be switching to another Internet Security package after this episode, as Bitdefender has a horrible install and activation setup/scam. I should have kept Kaspersky as it was seamless.

• Hello @Silveseas71,

Kindly check your inbox for the delivery e-mail containing the activation code, as I have noticed that you've placed a bundle order for Total Security and Premium VPN and a code is sent for each subscription. An order can have multiple products and their respective codes must be redeemed in Central for the services to become active. You are currently seeing the basic VPN included in your Total Security subscription that is indeed limited to 200mb daily per device.

Once you will redeem the activation code for the Premium VPN in Central, the benefits of the unlimited traffic version will be unlocked.

For activation and installation steps, click here:

I have also noticed that you have opened a ticket with the Support Teams for assistance. Kindly wait for further instructions, if the activation cannot be completed after following these steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user