how do i disable this annoing VPN message (unsafe Wi-Fi network)

Lidorag
edited January 2022 in VPN
hello, I'm a customer of over 5 years of Bitdefender antivirus/
for the last 2 years, I got this annoying VPN message although I got VPN of another company on my pc.
connecting to the customer service didn't help, this message just keep popping over and over no mether how many times I click "Not now".

how can I disable this message?!

Answers

• Yep, Me too. I event tried to enable VPN just to get rid on the popup but the activation failed as well..
  • Having used Bitdefender for many years myself, the only viable solutions I am aware of is finding an alternative product which doesn't behave like the things its supposed to insulate its users from. They've made a serious error in their product upsell strategy. I did get support to write me that this is a defect they are resolving, though I doubt he actually got confirmation that this is a defect slated for resolution - probably his way to close the incident out. Unfortunately, my testing of Kav yielded a number of compatibility issues; so the search is still on.
  • Me too. I really don't want the VPN and it is really annoying that I can't just uninstall it. I hate when vendors think they own my machine, and can dictate what I can and cannot run. Unfortunately that is the new normal with Antivirus software, nobody wants to sell just AV. They need to throw in the kitchen sink of security products.

• This is tremendously annoying and a bad upsell strategy. I use PIA for my VPN.

It is making me want to undo this subscription.

• It is really inconvenient that I cannot uninstall the VPN and I found a solution to uninstall it, yet it keeps installing to my PC without my consent or informing me that shall I agree to install it. For the past five years, I have received this annoying VPN message. I have sent it to support to solve this. It is disappointing as a company was at the forefront of the market, yet this pop-up keeps appearing no matter how many times I click "Not now.".

I have used Bitdefender for many years myself, and the only viable alternative is to switch to an alternative product that does not behave like the threats it is supposed to protect its users from. Contacting customer service did not make a difference. 

• I've uninstalled Bitdefender's VPN and I still get this annoying pop-up: "Unsafe Wi-Fi network"

This is ridiculous! I have a lifetime membership with SurfEasy VPN, so the odds of me purchasing this product is Zero, Ziltch, no chance.

• As will many, I too have had enough of this message, Bitdefender don't seem to want to listen to their customers about just how annoying this message is

• Hello,

The "Unsafe Wi-Fi network" notification is triggered by the Wi-Fi Security Advisor module. This monitors the following networks: Home Wi-Fi, Office Wi-Fi, Public Wi-Fi and you can find out more on how to configure them in the article below:

If you are using a public network, it is important to have in mind the default configuration described here:

The module cannot be switched off entirely. If the network has a problem, a "notify" button will appear, which you can turn off so that popups related to that network no longer appear:

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Pop up was beyond annoying. May have to discontinue program completely

• GloverG
    edited May 2022

The warning signifies that your router is using an outdated encryption protocol. Ignoring the warning could lead to anyone in the router's range listening in on whatever you're doing online. You can remedy this by checking which security type your router is currently using and changing it to a newer type.