Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Stop BD VPN nag screens

Options
bitmechanic
edited January 2022 in VPN

Overall I love Bitdefender, but the VPN service is annoying. My Win 10 64 bit system, located in the USA, already has NordVPN running, but Bitdefender VPN doesn’t detect it, so it constantly nags me to turn it on. Is there a way to eliminate the incessant interruptions from Bitdefender VPN pestering me to turn it on?

Answers

• alanrwood
    Options

Absolutely with you on this. These nag screens are a pain in the b__

• I just joined the community because getting help from the company is a bit of a mystery. I can't find anything in the user guide. A search in their support section "Turn off VPN Notifications" leads to:

"To disable the banking related VPN notifications: 1. Tap More on the bottom navigation bar. 2. Tap ⚙︎ Settings. 3. Turn off the Extra privacy for banking pages switch in the Web Protection pane."

I don't want ANY nagging but let's just humor them for a moment: there no such thing as "Extra privacy for banking..." on the general page of the settings, or on the advanced and certainly not the update page.

So, I guess no one knows how to stop the nagging? If that's really the case then that's a huge strike against BD. I'm up for renewal next month. I, too, like the product but I'm not tolerant of spam and this is worse than spam. I can send spam to a junk folder or just delete it but this just pops up blocking the lower right corner of my desktop in the notifications area and my Microsoft notification settings don't give permission to Bitdefender! This should be easy to turn off! Well, I start looking at AV-Comparatives & AV-Test pretty soon! Bye.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @Babalooey :)

With the Premium version, I'm not getting any notifications unless I allow them. You can disable all of them by disabling them in the Settings. I do have mine set to notify me (the ones ghosted out by the disable all option) as I do like to be reminded of those notifications. If I'm not understanding it correctly, could you post a screenshot after having disabled the notification setting so we could see what you're experiencing?

Just an FYI, the VPN user's guide can be found here:

Thank you :)

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• I already have ExpressVPN, but I can’t have Web protection from Bitdefender if my VPN is engaged. If my VPN is not engaged, I can’t get on the internet anyway. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• I forgot to mention in the post above that I have Mac and iOS products.