Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BD Password Manager for MAC not compatible with Safari

Options
JS12
edited January 2022 in Password Manager

While installing my newly purchased BD Password Manager for MAC, I realised that it does not yet support Safari. Following BD instructions, I (reluctantly) installed Chrome. However, I soon learned that I could not import my passwords into BD Password Manager. One expects that compatibility with Safari will solve this problem, but when? I've paid for a product that apparently cannot deliver the expected functionality. What can I do in the meantime?

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @JS12

Compatibility with Safari should be available in January. Since this is a newly launched product, we are in the process of collecting valuable feedback from our users, to help us improve and further develop the service.

But according to your description of the situation, it does not seem related to Mac or the operating system.

My recommendation would be to get in touch with our technical squad by choosing one of the available contact methods below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@JS12 Thank you for confirming. I have added the extension (3 months) so your Password Protection si now valid until March 27th, 2023.

Cheers!

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

@JS12 You are most welcome.

Yes, we're hoping it will arrive soon. More updates will come for this product, including a full launch on the official Bitdefender website www.bitdefender.com, all in the first quarter of 2022.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello guys,

Password manager for iOS has been launched since the 12th of January.

The application started as available to all users directly. 

In Bitdefender Central it is still listed as "coming soon", but the banner will be updated shortly.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

@JS12 following our discussion in late December, I did extend the validity of your Password Manager, but it appears that the automatic renewal feature was applied incorrectly. I have now refunded the transaction and the funds will be returned to your account in up to 10 business days, depending on the processor.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

We are yet to receive an official launch date for the Safari extension and I've been discussing with the teams involved to obtain an approximate ETA for this implementation. My advice would be to postpone the new purchase until Safari support becomes available and I will announce this as soon as it's confirmed by the developers.

In regards to Apple devices, so far the IOS application was pushed forward with priority and became available, thus it's just a matter of time until the teams involved release the extension for Safari as well.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards.

Answers

• Up till now I have been impressed with Bitdefender but I sympathise with Alexandrul. I didn't pay for Password Manager but did spend some time on it investigating it and trying to set it up, including a Chat with an "expert" who told me it was available for Safari and gave me a link to an Article. I then read the Article, tried again and still got "Coming Soon". I will probably use a different Manager now, as I don't appreciate misrepresentation.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@G_Ogston8 Thank you for joining us here. I am truly sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory experience. We do our best to train each of our representatives on how to properly handle the inquiries, as the Password Manager is a hot topic right now.

@JS12 We can work something out. Should you decide to keep the Password Manager and wait for the compatibility release, in the event you have no use for the service until then, we can add a validity extension to compensate for the lost subscription time. We can also issue a refund and you can place a new order when the update is available.

Let me know your thoughts.

• I am new to BD and am trying to add the free trial of Password Manager to two iOS devices. Instructions say PW Mgr is available in the Apple app store, but on the "Get Ready to Install...) page it says Coming Soon to App Store. Have tried to download to Chrome, but that does not seem to work.

Any advice?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@Dallas4ster the IOS app has not been launched yet, but should be available soon.

• JS12
    Options

I’ll wait for the Safari extension. Please add a validity extension to compensate for the lost subscription time.

• JS12
    Options

Thank you! Hopefully the Safari extension will be available by March!

• JS12
    Options

In December 2021, I subscribed for Bitdefender Password Manager. I soon discovered that this app was not available for my Apple devices. Following several communications I accepted an offer from Alexandru_BD admin for a validity extension to compensate for my lost subscription time, while waiting for Bitdefender to release the correct version for Apple devices.

Today I received the following message from Bitdefender:

Thank you for subscribing to Bitdefender. We have received your payment of 439.99 for your Bitdefender Password Manager (1 year) subscription for 12 MONTHS. Your order has been processed by 2Checkout and your order ID is ......

1. I did not receive the validity extension.
    2. I've paid my subscription for the next year, but I still cannot install Bitdefender Password Manager on my Apple devices despite trying several options and following the instructions.
    3. I conclude that Bitdefender Password Manager is not ready for Apple devices - I seriously consider to cancelmy subscription for Bitdefender Password Manager.
    4. Please advise.

It's a pity - I was looking forward to using this app.

• Same issue re. Safari support on MacOS 12.3.

Is there any clear path to release yet? Not impressed

• JS12
    Options

Thank you Alexandru. I appreciate your explanation and decision to reimburse me.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

You are most welcome @JS12

I am very sorry for this outcome, but hopefuly we'll manage to provide support for Safari soon and if we are not too late, maybe you'll reconsider our Password Manager in the near future.

Stay safe.

• Iggy
    Options

29th April 2022 just subscribed to BD password manager and like previous posts just been realised that still not supporting Safari. No impressed. How do I get refund and reverse/uninstall from my devices?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Iggy and welcome to the Community!

The developers are making the final touches before releasing the Safari extension. Some approvals were required and the timeline got stretched a bit. For the upcoming release, the developers have worked on visual adjustments, a new build with added languages, an improved import flow and the requested "Remember me" feature, that will solve the cumbersome login process.

You may obtain a refund by sending your request at refunds@bitdefender.com within 30 days of your initial purchase.

Stay safe.

• arcturus
    Options

The "final touches" to something that was promised for January - and should have been available when the product was originally launched! BDPM is now being advertised as available for Safari, which appears not to be true. Next week I have to renew my annual subscription to LastPass. If I have to do that, I will want a refund d for BDPM.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @arcturus,

I admit there has been a considerable delay and the implementation did not go as expected, but the release is scheduled to take place by the end of May. There are some dependencies when it comes to the Safari extension.

In Central, the Safari extension is not advertised as available yet:

Regards