Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

migrating from Total Security to Family Pack subscription

Options

I have a Total Security subscription on several devices that expires soon. I bought a Family Pack with VPN Premium to replace it. How do I get the coverage on the devices to switch to the Pamily Pack?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Excellent choice, you can cover up to 15 devices.

The devices will be assigned automatically to the next subscription that can protect them, once the existing one expires, but you can check this article should you wish to allocate them manually:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/34264/

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I've had the Family Pack and Premium VPN for several years and found it to be a good combo.it worked seamlessly adding or removing devices. The only thing I ran into, when adding an Android device was a duplication of the vpn. I just used the VPN included within the mobile app as there was a conflict with the Premium vpn app. I'm doing the opposite migration now, downsizing to Premium Security.
  • Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited January 2022
    Options

@wirywrestler Premium Security includes Premium VPN as well, so it's a really good package and you don't have to manage two separate subscriptions. The coverage is also good, since you can protect up to 10 devices and multiple operating systems.

Make sure to check our Renewal & Upgrade section on the website when the renewal time comes, for the latest discounts available: https://www.bitdefender.com/renewal/

In regards to the VPN coverage, have you by any chance encountered one of the two scenarios described below?

Indeed, you have the standalone Premium VPN and the VPN inside Mobile Security. In the scenario given, the standalone VPN is connected, while the VPN inside Mobile Security is not. The connection might fail because you cannot have multiple VPN connections active at the same time, for the same device.

Cheers.

• @Alexandu_BD thank you, I was just looking into if Premium Security included premium vpn. Though I noticed a difference with the android mobile vpn and the standalone vpn. The mobile version doesn't seem to have all the same features as the standalone; for example the standalone offers split tunnelling and internet kill switch. Is that the same for the vpn included in Premium Security?

I haven't run into that issue of web protection turning off on my tablet. I mainly use the default samsung internet and occasionally chrome. Both have web protection turned on. Using the link you included, I checked my settings and found that bitdefender is not in the never sleep section. Also, it doesn't appear as an option to add when I click on the +. Since it's all working, not going to try and fix what's not broke.

The 2nd one, that could explain what occasionally happens on my iPhone. I use safari now as my default instead of edge. I have both web protection and vpn turned on. And I would just turn off vpn when the pages wouldn't load. Interesting. My IPhone is running iOS 15.2. Always thought it was an issue with Apple. lol. Good to know.

And regarding your last comment, maybe I had inadvertently turned on both vpns. I do like the functionality of the standalone vpn app. I will reinstall and see how it goes.
    Best
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

@wirywrestler you are correct, the Premium VPN that comes in the Premium Security package includes split tunnelling, internet kill switch and all the bells and whistles 😊

• wirywrestler
    edited January 2022
    Options
    @Alexandru_BD Thank you again. I took advantage of my offer purchasing Premium Security and will activate shortly. According to the documentation this should merge with my existing family pack subscription that expires in April and adjust the date accordingly. The only thing I'm not sure about is the premium vpn subscription which expires in August- (disadvantage of having 2 subscriptions with different dates). Will there be a conflict? Do I need to cancel Premium vpn early?
  • @Alexandru_BD oops, I just reread the instructions, merge is only for identical products. Which means I will lose a few months of subscription if I activate now. I'm going to contact customer service to see what options I have
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @wirywrestler,

You can contact our Support Teams, explain the situation and ask them to reset the number of days on the code, e.g. add the validity again, so that the code displays the full validity during later Central activation.

The second option would be to activate the code 1-2 days before the existing subscription expires (the activation will be made in parallel as the products are different), then contact the Support Teams and ask them to add the lost validity on Premium Security, explaining that you have renewed earlier by purchasing a different product and even if you had activated the code at the purchase date, you would still have lost some validity as the two subscriptions would have overlapped.

Automatic billing is disabled for the Family Pack subscription, so you won't have to worry about its renewal, as you have already purchased another Bitdefender product.

I hope this helps.

Cheers and stay safe.

• @Alexandru_BD thank you I used the chat system to converse with support prior to your message.
    So result was i ended up canceling, getting refund, and will renew when family pack expires. Calling option had a notification of at least a 10 minute hold, hence why I used the chat. All's good
  • Alexandru_BD
    Options

@wirywrestler I'm glad to hear a positive resolution has been found.

Best wishes and hopefully we'll meet again around here 😉