About VPN.

Elena70
Elena70
edited January 2022 in VPN

If I turn off my VPN I remain without connection to Net in my phone. I don't have WIFI, gest data.

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello,

@Elena70 could you please check if the Kill Switch feature is enabled? This pauses all Internet traffic should the VPN disconnect. If it's ON, kindly disable it and let us know if the internet connection resumes this way. I have included a screenshot displaying this feature:

Furthermore, let us know if you have the opportunity to try a public WI-FI and if you encounter the same behavior.

Do you get any specific errors or notifications?

What do you need to do to restore your internet connection? Restart your device?

Best wishes.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• I tried free VPN which comes with Bitdefender Internet Security - deeply regret I did, after using that I discover mess which VPN did to my Google, youtube and other account - deletion. Also delete some internal computer information. Now I have to restore my connections on a new one.

• I use gest data on my Android, I don't think that BitDefender is guilty for this missing files from computer.

I said gest: I can't acces Net without VPN ... Strange....

• on my computer it turned out that the use of VPN has more disadvantages than advantages, VPN cuts the Internet speed in half plus other disadvantages, so I do not use it. If you can't access Net without VPN, check and run the settings again, it should work. The bug is in personal settings.

• Elena70
    Elena70
    edited January 2022

I tried all this trucks. Don't work. And the battery discharge quickly. I think somebody hack my account somehow, don't knowhow. And when I make an upgrade at VPN everything become normal but still I have an obsesive question: <how to discover the thief>?

• try simple solution - run system scan with Bitdefender or Kaspersky free one time scan to make sure you have no bugs.
  • Mulțumesc Alexandru BD. I don't use WIFI because I have enough internet data on my subscription. Indeed I follow your advice and I disable VPN settings for my phone. It work.

I still have some questions about my accounts but I would search answers by learning, reading, thinking...

Have a nice day!

• if my advice somehow helped you, then I am very happy
  • Thank you. I know all this things, but I appreciate the intention.

• More of a q? really..

Why why why

Why does this company want to peeve me to the exhaustion point!!

Twice now ur company has told me i need to renew when i have paid for the year july 2022 and honestly it won't come fast enough as i can get my refund so i get internet disrupted have to VPN AGAIN then internet restored. But u want me to renew

Fix this as i dont want to deal #3 subscription has run out BS

I have to leave this site my blood pressure wasting my time

Fix this

Please

Stay safe

• Even with wifi bumps me off-line and VPN interrupted tap the on button and alls good however my laptop less than a foot away has no issues of it. But then again this be twice the company has told me ti renew when ive paid the year. 6 mos to go

Sorry to hear ur head ache

If anything i have typed makes sence to u maybe you can help me :)

Stay safe

• I don't think is any probleme insolvable. Send them the prove of payment. Maybe is a probleme with any account, don't know. I'm not an expert, I have my owns trouble with my account of yahoo, seems like a clone. And other accounts are linked by yahoo. Realy I don't knowhow to say, you must look in your settings on laptop i'll think.
  • @shanda your Premium VPN is valid until July 2022.

Have you received expiration notifications for this? To what internet disruptions are you referring to, specifically?

The Internet Security antivirus on your account expired in August, so it's highly possible that expiration notifications are displayed because of this.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user