Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender not saving scan schedule

Options

For weeks now, I have been trying to schedule a Full System Scan for Wednesday lunchtime. I edit the schedule and it appears to save it, but then doesn't run and, on investigating, the schedule is no longer there. I'm sure that I am doing it right in the first place - see attached screenshot.

I had this problem with Quick Scan at startup, but that seems to have resolved itself.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @CaptainPugwash and welcome to the Community!

Try to reinstall Bitdefender, it should fix this. You can find detailed steps on how to do this by accessing the article below:

Let me know if this solves the issue. In the event scheduled scanning is still not performing as expected, we'll have a closer look.

Stay safe!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have performed this several times and still the Full System Scan schedule does not save. Do you have any other suggestions?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@RDPlant check this thread here: https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/89593/custom-scheduled-antivirus-scans

I hereby confirm this is a known issue and our engineers are currently working towards a solution. We don't have an ETA for the fix, but the teams are doing their very best to deploy the fix via an automated update in a timely manner.

Thank you for your patience.

Stay safe.

• I reinstalled as suggested and it appeared to work initially but was not there when I rebooted. That may be part of the problem.

Unfortunately I am temporarily away my desktop, so will check it out as soon as able.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@CaptainPugwash I am intrigued by this, as for some users re-installing fixed the issue, but it seems the outcome varies.

I am looking forward for the resolution.

• HaB
    Options

I too have the same problem, I schedule a System Scan, or, Quick Scan, it appears to save it, but not permanently.

When I reboot, the schedule is no longer there.

I have found that if the schedule is set as "At System Startup", it does save it even after rebooting.

However, setting a daily or weekly schedule does not work.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @HaB and welcome to the Community!

This is a known issue and a fix has already been deployed by the engineers via an automated update.

The update should be 100% completed in the next couple of days and the scheduled scans will become available again shortly.

Best regards.

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hi everyone and thanks for your feedback and contribution! Latest release ( 26.0.10.45 ) addresses this. Let us know if issues persist or resurface.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• After renewing my Bitdefender Anti Virus subscription last month the scheduled scans no longer work. I currently have the latest release (26.0.10.45) which was supposed to address this issue, mine still does not work.

Thanks

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @jimw,

In the event the issue persists, please contact our Technical Support Teams, as the engineers may require specific logs from you.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.