Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Command Line Scan for my custom business software

Hi,

I need to be able to run scan on specific file for my business need, using an .exe in the command line (on Windows 10). Something like: BitdefenderCustomScan.exe -FilePath C:/MyFolder/Myfile.pdf

I heard you disabled this functionality few years ago? Is it true? If so, why? And what are my alternatives?

I want to advise you that you don't have a good solution for me regarding this topic, I will cancel my subscription right away and go with your competitor, ESET antivirus.

Tagged:

Comments

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited January 2022

Hello Gabriel and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender Consumer products don't support CLI. But you are mentioning "business software" and in that case, the answer is yes, our BEST solution has it. You can read this kb for full details:

https://www.bitdefender.com/business/support/en/77209-36849-using-the-command-line-interface.html

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Hello @GabrielV and welcome to the Community!

I am afraid the functionality you have mentioned is not available, but you can create a custom scan, from the interface, with the specific files you wish to scan and possibly set it to run scheduled: at startup / daily / weekly / monthly.

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello gentlemen,

I was also looking for a Bitdefender executable which I could have launched, on-demand, to scan a file.

One of my user-cases is simple: I use the "Free Download Manager" software (a free download manager) and it has a field in its settings where I can enter a command to automatically scan a newly downloaded file (with a simple %path% placeholder).

Before I migrated to Bitdefender Total Security (2 days ago) I used one of your competitor product (Kaspersky Internet Security). This product is for consumers and it has a CLI executable ("avp.exe").

So, I am a bit disappointed that Bitdefender saves this CLI support to its business clients... Bitdefender products are great and I am convinced that the Bitdefender professional products have enough advantages that they do not need this exclusivity to distinguish themselves from the Bitdefender consumer products.

Nowadays, most people know about or use regularly a CLI. The age of open source (with Linux) is the root cause of that phenomenon. Even Microsoft understood it and opened its OS with WSL.

Best regards,

Jerome.