Not being able to turn on the "Web Protection" from xiaomi's android

Mo2Campos
edited January 2022 in Mobile Security

I tried to find solutions but i coudn´t find how to turn on "Web Protection" from xiaomi's android. It says that it´s needed to find the "Bitdefender" app on the acessibility list, but there isn´t any list at all.

Need some help.

Comments

• Yes same issue here

• Hello,

Web Protection has its own tab in the Bitdefender Mobile Security app and support for the most popular browsers. Screenshot is from a Xiaomi Mimix2s running Android 10 QKQ1 on MIUI 12.0.3.

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• It doesn't work on Android 11. Poco X3

• Same issue on Android 11 Xaiomi 11T Pro. Web protection disabled

• Xiaomi redminote 10pro the same problem
  • Hola

Me pasa lo mismo con Poco F3; Poco X3 Pro; Redmi Note 8

Alguna idea de cómo solucionarlo?

Gracias y saludos

• Hello,

This is a known behaviour.

You can check the below article for more information regarding this:

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have Xiaomi 11T Pro, and the exact same problem that bitdefender/Xiaomi failed to solve even after years from phone launch.

Not only the provided link shows the exact same screenshots as the joesfit posted, it's also useless, miui will keep disabling web protection, even if the Accessibility permission slider is set to ON.

After i`m being notified that the protection is off, when i go to accessibility settings it is are turned on, yet bitdefender says it's off, so i have to turn it off and on again, every time this happen, every day forever and ever.

So yeah this doesn't help us.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Share your query with bitdefender mobile support team by dropping them an email at bms@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)