iPhone 7 how to set up protection features

iOS how to set up protection features

Comments

• Install Bitdefender total security on my iPhone 7 - settings very simple. My feeling this is fake protection justified, it is not protecting from spam emails and unsafe SMS. also have a bad experience - Windows 10, Defender runs all the time and loads the processor, because of this the computer is running slowly.
    to say briefly I regret that I bought Bitdefender.
  • Hello @ArchyDice,

In regards to the iPhone 7 and iOS protection, the application settings were specifically designed for easy usage to enhance the user's experience. Bitdefender Mobile Security is an user friendly application and the Web Protection is its main defense. This filters all Internet traffic by scanning the connections for malicious and fraudulent content intent. It offers real-time protection against all known online threats that could compromise device and data.

A common misconception among iPhone and iPad users is that iOS devices do not need protection against malicious threats. This couldn’t be more wrong. When you’re browsing the web on an iOS device, you can still run into hazards, so Bitdefender Mobile Security provides award-winning URL filtering to help keep you safe.

Here are some examples of security risks iOS users can expect:

• accessing a phishing website that can steal your credit card info when shopping online or a link from a scam email that tries to impersonate your bank and asks for your account details
    • you can’t know what information the apps installed on your phone send in the background or how securely they handle it
    • you can fill in your personal information on a sign-up form that mimics a legitimate website
    • your data could be sent in plain text over the Internet without you knowing
    • you could access public Wi-Fi and all your traffic can be intercepted

The Web Protection filters traffic from all apps and blocks everything that poses a threat to your data. It also adds an encryption layer to prevent your data from being mishandled. It’s not just your browsing activity that gets protected. Any app on your iPhone or iPad that sends information over the Internet is prevented from misusing it. Unsafe connections are automatically blocked, and you are notified each time such an event occurs.

You also have access to the details of your online activity for the last 7 days, such as scanned and blocked connections and the traffic categories – search engines, computers & software, ads network, trackers, education, business, social networks, webmail, hosting and other.

When the Web Protection feature is active on your iPhone, Bitdefender checks every website you or the installed apps access for threats, blocking all known infected links.

The advanced anti-phishing protection integrated with Web Protection is designed to block suspicious websites masquerading as trustworthy entities. Moreover, the anti-fraud filtering system warns you if the websites you visit are trying to scam you, keeping your credit card and personally identifiable information safe. The anti-phishing and anti-fraud filtering systems also extend to social media platforms, so you can rest assured that whatever links your friends and family pass on to you are harmless.

Concerning the Windows 10 slowdowns, there can be several reasons behind this and my recommendation would be to get in touch with our engineers for troubleshooting.

You can reach them by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I succumbed to false advertising on the Internet and bought this program. I am basic user I am not programmer I purchase program and it must work for me. My problems begin from day one after I activated Bitdefender Total Security, program runs all the time and overloads the processor, I have i5 3.3MHz CPU 8 GB of RAM but computer start running slow after Bitdefender installation, I regret that I bought Bitdefender with bunch of bugs.
  • Dear Alexandru_BD I don’t need your reasoning, I realized that mine iPhone is not protected, but you are ashamed to admit it and you hit the theory, maybe it will fly by.

• Hello @ArchyDice,

In regards to slowdowns, the following types can be encountered: startup slowdown, system slowdown or browsing slowdown. If a slowdown occurs at startup, you can try the following:

1. In the Protection window, click on the Open icon in the Antivirus module.

2. Click on ADVANCED , scroll down and uncheck Early boot scan box. Then click OK.

3. Restart the computer and check the boot time.

In the event you are experiencing a system slowdown that appeared after installing the antivirus, please turn off these Bitdefender modules: Bitdefender Shield and Advanced Threat Defense. Then turn them on to identify the culprit module. If the slowdown is caused by Advanced Threat Defense or Bitdefender Shield module, the findings must be escalated to the engineers for further investigation.

If slowdowns are encountered while browsing, do the following:

1. Go to Network Adapters tab and set the network type to Home/Office using the drop-down menu near its name

2. Then, from the same Firewall Tab, click on Settings from the top-right , then, for the network you're currently connected to, uncheck the stealth mode button to disable it.

Kindly note that these are the basic steps of troubleshooting slowdowns and they may not correct the issue on all devices, thus a more detailed investigation might be required to determine the root cause.

I am not a programmer myself, but the antivirus is usually an user friendly standalone solution. However, if certain connectivity or processor overloading situations are encountered, the reasons behind these may vary from incompatibility issues, network issues, multiple antivirus solutions competing for the same resources, unused programs, data corruption and disk fragmentation or even infections. At first glance, I might have the tendency to blame the antivirus for this as well, especially if the issue was not present before installing it. But it has been revealed on numerous occassions that the real problem was somewhere else. More information regarding probable causes is available in the article below:

Concerning the iPhone security, if you have experienced detection issues or consider the overall protection insufficient for your requirements, you may contact our Support representatives for recommendations, troubleshooting and further guidance. In the event the Total Security product does not meet your expectations, the Support representatives may also arrange a refund for the remaining subscription period.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I hope any inconvenience you might have encountered is resolved in a satisfactory manner.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user