Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

BitDefender VPN Starts at Login When Run at Startup Unchecked

Options

Using Monterey 12.3.1. At login VPN starts even though "Run at Startup" is unchecked in the settings. Furthermore I am using another product for VPN I can uninstall just the VPN component?

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @BK3121,

There are two options here:

1. Simply disable the option so that it will not run at boot - and the app still remains installed.

Using this option, the VPN will not interfere with the functionality of the said MAC, nor will it consume the daily quota.

1. Disable the option (using the steps) below and also delete the VPN shortcut.

Disable steps: - Open Bitdefender VPN - Press on the gear icon from the upper right corner - Select Settings - Turn off " Startup and Notifications" options.

If, at any point, you would like to start using the VPN again, you can re-activate the shortcut from the following location: Libary/Bitdefender/Central/Modules/com.bitdefender.vpn/Bitdefender VPN

I hope the information is helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• BK3121
    Options

Thank you for response

• I did this before seeking help and I'm still getting notifications and it has never stopped loading on startup. I don't want or need your VPN. If I can't disable it I may have to look for another antivirus solution.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@BksfldUser

Hello.

You can uninstall Biytdefender VPN, by following these steps:

Note: Select "Uninstall VPN only".

Regards.