Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Started Scanning Every Time I Turn On Computer - Why?

Options

Hi Over the past six weeks or so, every time I turn on my computer Bitdefender does a scan. There is nothing showing in the software but I can hear the scan on my hard drive. I have not changed any settings. Why is this happening?

Answers

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    Options

I think its a bug , i have seen more posts about this in the community.

They are rolling out an update but i don't know if the issue is solved yet ...

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2022
    Options

Agree with RedsFan. Other members have reported the same issue (an hour after startup) and as of now, here's the latest acknowledgment of where we're at. If you wanted to get ahold of support so they could read your log file to try to find out what's going on, that's up to you :)

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/307494#Comment_307494

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

That is correct, this is a known bug and the engineers are pushing for a resolution. So far, they have gathered valuable information from the users encountering this issue and the feedback received from the Community members was extremely useful in their investigation.

I am hoping for a quick fix on this one, however when it gets deployed, it will take some time to reach all machines, so please bear with us just a little bit longer as we get to the bottom of this.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi All

Thanks very much for the prompt replies - really appreciated. Hopefully the patch will fix this issue.

• Hi

Anyone know what is happening with this? It is driving me mad!

Regards

Big Pace

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you have latest update ? 26.0.14.65

• Yes, I do. Updated 11/04/22 12:49

• here the same problem: everytime i restart, bitdefender starts scanning all data. because i have nearly 4 TB of data, the scan process takes a really long time :-(

is there no fix ready?

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Esnemahu

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2022
    Options

hI @Esnemahu,

This happens either because the antivirus is scheduled to scan at startup, or the device has an external or network drive and the related scanning is on (Scan network shares). "Scan network shares" scans the drivers from the network and if you have an external drive, it scans it from "Scan usb devices".

Apart from this, try these settings for scanning and let us know if the behaviour improves:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user