Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Suspicious Connection Blocked spam

Options

For some pages I get spam of those notifications and I would like to get rid of it. What I dont want is putting my computer at risk, which means that I don't want ridiculous advice's like adding some random pages to exception or disabling anything in security. I want to get solution that doesn't put my computer at risk. Anyone has any solutions to this?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Hiran and welcome to the Community!

If Bitdefender prompts this type of notification and if the website is HTTP, the website doesn't have a SSL certificate (HTTPS) and that is not safe to access it. You can contact the website admin/master to inform them about this.

If you do not visit the website and you still receive these notifications, then your browser connects to it either through allowed notifications or toolbars/extensions. I suggest that you clear the cache & cookies, remove any unused/unknown extensions and if the issues persist, reset your browser. You can find these steps here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2574/

Alternatively, you can add an exception for the website in Bitdefender - Protection - Online Threat Prevention - Manage Exceptions, or, from the same area (Online Threat Prevention) - disable the Encrypted Web Scan feature which scans for the certificates of websites (not a recommended action).

I hope the information is helpful.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• ComeOnMan
    Options

Why is this the only solution in all the threads I've searched?

Just let me turn off the notification. It will not change my behavior, I don't have time/patience to make exceptions, and no other AV does this.

Just let us turn it off. I'll check a box saying I understand that by turning off the NOTIFICATION (NOT the service) I won't be made aware, blah blah blah, I just want to use my computer.

Come on!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Notifications are an important tool in monitoring and managing your Bitdefender protection.

Every time an event occurs, a counter can be noticed on the icon. Depending on type and severity, notifications are grouped in:

• Critical events

These indicate critical issues. You should check them immediately.

• Warning events

These indicate non-critical issues. You should check and fix them when you have the time.

• Information events

These indicate successful operations.

Some of the notifications are related to the functionality of the antivirus and the security of your devices and cannot be disabled. Their purpose is to keep the user informed and aware of possible risks at all times. But there are ways to mitigate and set preferences for notifications and depending on their nature, workarounds have been designed, the "add exceptions" feature being of them and not singular in the antivirus industry.

There is indeed a known issue concerning the amount of warnings for 'untrusted certificates'. This is being addressed by the developers and we're expecting a fix with the upcoming releases. For now, the only workaround is to disable the Encrypted Web Scan feature, or to add exceptions for the websites that trigger this type of notification, if considered safe.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi,

I am also finding this frustrating. For example I was using google maps and am being spammed with tracker notifications which means I have to click through them all just to grab the google man and drop him on maps.

This is fundamentally bad UI design and needs to be fixed. I want the ability to either filter notifications (without adding them as exceptions) or to have tracker notification operate silently in the background.

If this continues I will simply have to disable the feature - which frankly renders it pointless.

Please please raise a feature jira to have the ability to as well as add exceptions to also 'hide' these messages after the first notification.

Thanks