Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

csv format for import to wallet

Options

Been struggling with this a while then thought to export wallet. By this means I could read headers and text in the required format. Been able to mimic the format in Excel and create a new .csv. but Import fails for unknown reason. Also having exported wallet once' Password Manager is refusing to repeat the process.The file marker is visible but 'cant be found' and unfortunately I overwrote the first export.This seems to be just one feature of Bitdefenders mystical operation.

Any advice on this or the .db export ? eg Can Open Office help ?

TerryB

Comments

• Hi,

Did you find a solution? I need to import my passwords from Chrome to Bitdeff Wallet..

But it doesnt recognize the .CSV format from Chrome.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Are you using the Wallet or the new Password Manager?

Bitdefender Wallet and Bitdefender Password Manager are not the same product. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi,

I'm using the wallet integrated in the Total Security. But I can't import the csv file that I got from exporting password out off Google Chrome.

Do you have a compatible csv format that I can fill in and then import maybe?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. I'm afraid we won't be able to resolve this on the forum, because they need to check the Wallets' settings and the .csv format details to find the root cause.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Simply scroll down the page and choose your desired contact method.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user