Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

changed internet providers, how to change so vpn will go to right provider

Options

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited April 2022
    Options

Hello @wannaBsafe_79 and thank you for reaching out.

I can think of three possible causes:

• A strictly configured firewall is preventing VPN connectivity (e.g. 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall). If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer, or your ISP.
    • Another VPN or Proxy is running when you try to connect. In this case, disable the other VPN/Proxy solution.
    • The port used for the VPN connection is closed. Depending on the device you’re currently using, the port 443 UDP must be open.

Check the below article for troubleshooting steps to follow:

If the VPN connection is not resumed afterwards, I would recommend contacting your internet service provider.

Regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• VPN has always connected until today when it connects, then says disconnecting because error code 183(TunnelInternal). WIfI is connected, firewall shows Bitdefender as provider. Nothing has changed since yesterday when it connected. Restarted hp laptop twice. WiFi working on all other devices. Not tech savvy, so need easy to follow advice.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user