Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Why iPhone Owners Should Consider Using an Antivirus

Options
Math_Matei
edited December 2022 in Mobile Security

When they unleash their campaigns, cybercriminals don’t differentiate between device type or OS. For example, FluBot operators – who typically target Android users – will switch to platform-agnostic methods like phishing if they catch iOS users in their net.

Security has become an essential aspect for all mobile netizens out there, regardless of phone model. In this post, we take a look at three distinct threats iPhone users face every day to understand why it’s important to use a dedicated security solution:

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2022
    Options

Well most of us are aware that due to policies setup by apple currently there are no antimalware solution in the market that can scan iOS devices for malware, which in today's time is really not appreciable.

While current antimalware products for apple only scan for malicious url and provide vpn feature, we still need to have a antimalware solution equipped with malware scanning feature for iOS. But, at the end it comes down to apple, if they will not improve on their policies, nothing can be done.

I came across malware list that affect iOS devices and it seems to be pretty huge.

https://www.theiphonewiki.com/wiki/Malware_for_iOS

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022
    Options

Indeed, due to limitation of the iOS platform, implementation for a dedicated antimalware engine is not possible, as Apple holds primary functions in that area for themselves.

A common misconception among iPhone and iPad users is that iOS devices do not need protection against malicious threats. The list posted above is proof that this couldn’t be more wrong. Vulnerabilities apply for this OS as well, ranging from phishing websites, scam emails, apps installed on the phone that might send information in the background, to sign-up forms that mimic legitimate websites and traffic interception.

Mobile Security for iOS is nonetheless a very good security solution for our mobile devices, even with these limitations.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Your opinion wanted. I currently use 1Blocker that blocks ads, web trackers, Widgets, firewall blocks app tracking oddly enough it just blocked sstats.bitdefender.com. It Bitdefender web protection any better?

• Math_Matei
    Options

@fldan1978

I also use 1Blocker, but with Bitdefender I feel much more secure! Web protection should not be activated all the time, as it leads to a major battery leak.

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Consider using AdGuard for iOS : https://adguard.com/en/adguard-ios/overview.html

The ad blocker with the most ad blocking & web tracking features.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)