Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

XboxPCApp Detected as Virus

Options

Hello,

The XboxPCApp.exe file was considered a virus and removed by bitdefender. I am now without recourse, and I can't reinstall the file (It never shows up when I reinstall Xbox from the store). I submitted a false positive report, but haven't heard back.

The folder the exe lives in is protected by Windows Store, so I am really screwed, as I can't just restore the file and put it in the folder.

Please help!

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Alexandru_BD Please take a look here and check on report's status. Thanks.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

Indeed, the malware engineers received a couple of reports for xboxpcapp / hashes yesterday and they have been resolved. Kindly let us know if everything is working as expected.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Bridogz
    Options

Hello, thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately, the exe launches and then disappears immediately. I haven't been able to resolve this. Any additional steps or remedies would be much appreciated! I've updated my signatures and tried to add an exception (to no avail). Please assist!

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Follow below steps:

1) Temporarily disable real time protection of bitdefender (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/28557/)

2) Share the virustotal link of your executable file here which is getting detected by bitdefender.

3) Re-enable the real time protection.

Will need to get the executable file checked with the malware researchers if it is still getting detected.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Bridogz
    Options

Here is the link, I will continue to work at this. Thanks for your continued assistance!

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ae648c5a87212ea6de8c38b6dfee2d7c9126b8d87b148689e2bd001268864679

• Flexx
    Options

The virustotal link shows no detection, is bitdefender still blocking and deleting the application.

Regards

• Bridogz
    Options

Yes. I've disabled everything restarted and reinstalled the xbox app. The XboxPCApp.exe never appears in its expected location. Bitdefender began this behavior when it quarantined the file. Please help!

• Flexx
    Options

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD - can you get this checked

Regards

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Bridogz,

Thank you for the insightful information.

If there is no detection on the app (as confirmed by virustotal and our malware engineers just recently), there is little the malware team can do to help. Something else might be the culprit here, because the app behaves strangely without the antivirus returning a detection..

I would recommend you to reach our technical engineers for this one, as a remote session might be required on the machine.

You can get in touch with our support teams by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user