cannot install Bitdefender Total Security 2022 on windows Vista Home Premium

I want to install Bitdefender Total Security 2022 on windows Vista Home Premium service pack 2, using Firefox 52.9 browser going to Bitdefender Central website, login to my account and .... see white blank page. Attempt to do so from Bitdefender account using another computer result same. Looks like Bitdefender not supporting Windows Vista any more.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Bitdefender TOTAL SECURITY

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Operating System: Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows 11

So, Windows Vista is not supported.

Regards.

• Hi,

That is correct, Windows Vista is no longer supported.

As technologies and threats evolve, Bitdefender continues to proactively develop and shape its solution set. The resulting new solutions and feature modifications often lead to a need to discontinue older software revisions and products.

Bitdefender Security for XP & Vista reached its end of life on December 31, 2018.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2022

I am curious to know why you are still using windows vista, when you have windows 7 which provides all the functionalities of windows vista with additional performance improvements.

Furthermore, microsoft has already ended the support and bugs fix for vista and also for windows 7 though bitdefender is still protecting you if you will switch to windows 7.

But, one cannot be totally be dependent on anti malware solutions. You will have to move to a newer generation of windows someday or the other. While antimalware will protect you against the malware and online threats on old operating system, but they will not be effective against the vulnerability and bugs that are found in an operating system which are only patched by microsoft.

Since microsoft has already ended support for windows vista & windows 7, you will still be vulnerable even if you have an anti malware product installed. You may have to consider thinking of upgrading your operating system to windows 8.1, windows 10 or windows 11 which are currently supported and receive latest vulnerability and bugs fixes by microsoft. Also bitdefender will be completely compatible with these operating system.

Windows Vista EOL (end of life): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-vista

Windows 7 EOL (end of life): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-7

Windows 8.1 EOL (end of life): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-81

Windows 10 EOL (end of life): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-home-and-pro

Windows 11, version 21H2 EOL (end of life): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-11-home-and-pro-version-21h2

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• thanks for your exciting speech but it won't help me, I have special software installed on my computer that runs on Windows Vista, so I'm stuck in the Middle Ages.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Well, in that case currently there is no bitdefender product that supports windows vista and hence you will not be able to install it.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

It's like all the people and businesses that had a hard time migrating away from XP, when Vista came out and wasn't compatible with a lot of software and games for the gamer enthusiasts.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• I am already tired of fighting with the Bitdefender, I'm already counting the months when it will end. After 5 months since I installed the Bitdefender Total protection, every time comes up some problems whiсh should not be. There was a problem with Vista, I must pay tribute and put a monument to Vista, but it time is over. I had to install windows 7 service pack 1 on system 3mb RAM 3.3Mhz CPU; - again, something is wrong, missing Microsoft Knowledge Base packages on Windows 7 SP1 ok, I follow the link and install the “missing”  window package (which is already installed) as a result, you don’t need this is an update. After everything, I try to install protection and everything repeats - first it requires an update, I try to update and comes up error code 80072EFE hints to connection interruption which means there is a problem connecting to Windows Update. Support for Windows 7 has ended on January 14, 2020 the circle is closed, I know your advice - give up this software, take a refund and buy something decent without such a headache.

• Hi @ArchyDice,

I'm really sorry to hear that. You know we spoke in private as well on various matters and I understand it has been quite a rollercoaster experience for you and frustrating at the same time. I still think that we might find solutions, it is true that for Vista and Windows 7 there isn't really much we can do, but perhaps optimizations can be made and a more in-depth investigation by the engineers wouldn't hurt, should you reconsider your decision.

The reality is that new solutions and feature modifications required to keep up with the evolving threat landscape often lead to a need to discontinue older software revisions and products and this is the natural path of evolution.

And no matter what your final decision concerning Bitdefender is, I hope that you will find the most suitable protection for your needs. We are here for any questions you may have and will try to help you to the best of our knowledge, until the last day of your subscription.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user